15 coaches online • Server time: 04:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
celas

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2004 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I definitely hear your points (and I am looking forward to the two handicap rolls against you) and with luck playing such a large roll in the game, I think that is exactly why we may want to allow for freebooting for an equal or lesser skilled player. SOmetimes you have those games where 3 CAS rolls against you are 2 dead and one MNG + niggle and I would rather not see coaches fold their team if this happens. After teams are better developed (which may only take 3-4 games) it won't seem like a bad thing to face freebooted players who the coach will not want hogging spps. any thoughts?

BTW we need three more times to form a second division; any help with recruiting is appreciated Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

cripes I need spellcheck....we need 3 more TEAMS (and luck plays a large role not roll)..yes there are more typos but this is all I want corrected Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

nothing new, just shamelessly promoting the league to get 3-4 more teams.....

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The second division is ready to form. I will include all coaches who are available to play on this upcoming Monday (July 12th or Tuesday July 13 for European coaches) in the two divisions. If you submitted a team to me and informed me that you could not play this Monday then your team will serve as an alternate (in case of a drop out) or be included in a new division to start sometime in the next Monday or two. I am still accepting teams. Also, according to the rules on the tourney page, coaches who cannot begin play this Monday night should have already contacted me by now (or writing me a PM soon). Game play will start between 8-9 PM on Monday July 12th (or slightly later if you arrange it with your opponent). It's important that will all start playing early in the night so that we can get in multiple games and go far into the tourney.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ass celas asked, i made a little history for my team and made also some comments to my team members(also added pictures to them).

Here`s the link:
Bayer Munchies

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

a third division is ready to form once three more coaches submit a team.....let's see if we can kick off tonight with 24 teams!

On a separate note, I noticed that a few players already played a game.....not sure what to say about that.....it's Monday NIGHT Fourball.....well the expectation is that all coaches will be available to playing games during the designated times and unless I hear otherwise I assume that all coaches are still available for tonight. Remember to contact me if you cannot be there.....
I am open to discussion on playing games outside of Monday Night.....what do others think?

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if we don't plan on playing Monday night, what is the difference between this league and any other regular league where you have to coordinate schedules and find a time to play?

There will be a domino effect if only 1 person does not show up... that person's game cannot be played, which means that 2 of the following games cannot be played, which means that none of the four games after that can be played.

Since it seems as though a goal is to play as many games as possible on a given Monday evening, it will screw everything up a bit if there are no-shows. Of course, as celas has said, things come up and sometimes they are unavoidable, so you may need to reschedule a bit.

So, my opinion is that we stick to the league theme and time... I joined this league because I like being able to plan on a specific time to play my league matches. If absolutely necessary games could be rescheduled, or even put off until the following Monday.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with hunter. Sorry for starting things early. I goofed on the timezone conversion (subtracted instead of added).

I think playing at the same day and time will add to the sense of community, much like a face to face league. Not only will this be more fun, but it should discourage alot of the behaviour that kills off so many other FUMBBL leagues.

I love the theme. So, let's stick with it. Long live Monday Night Fourball!

I hope we can build a fun tradition on #MNF.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Mini Soda Torturewolves

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the Monday night theme a lot, but as it's Monday night for Americans, it's between 4am and 8am local time for me. I have no problem with it, and I already told celas I will be there (and I am, as you can see). But if I stay up till 8am here, I'll be online at least from 4pm CT, so I'm ready to start earlier on mondays. I've no problem if ppl are not available then, but if me and my opponent happen to be online a bit earlier than 8pm CT, I'm always ready to play. Yet I will have nothing against it, if celas decides that all games should be played between 8pm and 12pm. I don't think games should be played on other days than mondays though.
Buttercup

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I played my first game early because I am in the middle of an intensive training course for work, and was worried I wouldn't be able to play this Monday - I probably can play 1 or maybe 2 games tonight, but this way I'm not holding anyone up.

I think it's ok if occasionally you play your scheduled game early if you know it's to prevent holdups.

Buttercup
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

perhaps to avoid the offence and defence side u were talking about make max team roster 6, that way it can be done, and if u have a playr missing or even 2 its not a huge problem
celas

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Since a few people have asked I have added the following to the rules page: 3)you may NOT use your MNF team outside the league schedule.

Always accepting teams for the league.......

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

MNF is looking for a replacement team to finish out the 2nd half of a tournament schedule and participate in a KO tourney to follow. Check out the link on the first page of this thread if you are interested.