58 coaches online • Server time: 21:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2004 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the official Sambabowl 2504 Qualifier Forum !

All teams that compete in the Sambabowl should present themselves here (in-character (for examples see the original sambabowl thread) ) and can post reports or items they would like to see appear on the site we are building.

Succes,
The organizers :
Lord_Splutticus
Aequitas
Hephi

For further info, check the group :

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1358

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

*The Sambabowl 2504 selection commitee sent a messenger to find a worthy team to participate. His first stop was the group of rather attractive women who were gaining a lot of interest in the Blood Bowl world despite not playing a game yet. They called themselves the WWE Divas for whatever reason.*

Victoria: So this isn't a dancing contest?
Molly: No Viccy.
Victoria: Shame. I'm a good dancer.
Trish: Yeah yeah. I dunno. This doesn't sound like the sort of thing we should be doing first off.
Torrie: I-
All: Shut up.
Messenger: It is very respected. Win and you'll be very popular.
Ivory: That's always good.
Lillian: We've already got enough fans.
Victoria: Ok then, I guess we'll have to pass this up.
Torrie: But-
All: SHUT UP!

So the messinger headed for a nearby Ork camp, where two teams were currently brawling. There might have been a ball in there somewhere, but it would be hard to say.

Big Nasty Burke: Nah, we're right.
Big Nasty Dirk: Yeah, so are we.
Messinger: Are you two related?
Both: No, why?
Messinger: Uh, never mind.

He then headed towards a large, shiny building. Inside were 20 or so men, all identical, except for one who had two heads.

Smith 12: Hmm.
Smith 9: Indeed.
Smith 1: Well...
Smith 8: Exactly.
Smith 15: Arrrgh.
Smith 6: Yes yes.
Smith 7: We agree then?
Smith 17: Yes.
Smith 14: We refuse.

As the messenger left the building, a goblin pulled at his leg.

Mork: We're a team! Pick us!

The messenger shook off this weedy little runt and walked away. He walked into a forest, and quickly became lost. Eventually, he came upon a clearing, in which some rotters were in seeming conferense with a couple of vampires.

Vlad: Go away, there's a good chap.
Lacrimosa: Oh, can't I eat him brother?
Vlad: No, you don't know where he's been.
Gloria (A giant, purple tenticale thing): Meow.

Discouraged, the messenger trundled back to his superiors, where he knew he would be told off, have his pay reduced and then killed. But lucky for him, he found a wand on his way out of the forest. It allowed him to raise the dead.

Dead Things Scoring were made, specificaly for this thing. Doesn't mean they'll win, but they were made for it.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Disgruntled Gals 2-0 Dead Things Scoring</b>

The Gals made their first appearance on the bloodbowl pitch tonight! Although nervous of the dead things trying to grope them, they managed to fend them off and score a couple of touchdowns in the process! But the werewolves in particular seemed quite interested in fondling the girls, so we threw a Wolf into the crowd to set an example. The crowd, loving the Gals skimpy clothing made quick work of the Wolf in a jealous rage. We hear he's in a hospital recovering from a broken collar bone and several other minor injuries. It's unclear if he'll ever play again.

Yet the Dead Things struck back not long after, killing a lovely young prospect and badly hurting another. The Gals, now somewhat depressed put together a desperate attempt to score again, though tripped on the goal line on the last turn. Fear not though sports fans, the Gals shall recover and move onward.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Those who's tastes run that way will be glad to know that the girl that died, Audrey, can now be seen as the newest member of Dead Things Scoring. Being a Zombie suits her.

Post 18 Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The crazy Goblin dance combo Ch'acka Ch'acka joined the Sambabowl.
Not all of them are crazy enough to swirl around a ball on a chain.
From time to time Fungus the loon may be on board, though.
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2004 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

We, the Elves of the 33rd coven will take on the challenge to defend our reputation as the most spectacular team in the history of Bloodbowl. Once more we shall spite our opponents with textbookplay, upon textbookplay, rewriting the textbook in the proces.

Last year we left our Wardancer at home so as not to embarass our opponents too much, but still ...
- we didn't lose a single match and in most matches we hardly broke a sweat,
- we only injured 5 players last season (mostly self-inflicted wounds of scared linemen running away) because we didn't even need to block our opponents, out-running and out-passing them when and where we wanted..
-this year we will not hold back..

We sincerely hope that this year not only the Crazy Gals will play at an acceptable level...

Remember, there is no such thing as an average elf, all elves are considerably above average !

Signed,
Levi "Longbomb" Cougar,
Capitain of the 33rd Coven

2503 Sambabowl Champions

Best Offence Sambabowl 2503

Fairplay Award Sambabowl 2503

Top Scorer Sambabowl 2503 (Rygell 'Rush' Rygar : 15 TD)

Top Passer Sambabowl 2503 (Levi 'Longbomb' Cougar : 19 CP)

Only unbeaten team in Sambabowl-history along with the Crazy Gals

First team to halt the winning streak of the dreaded Crazy Gals

Post 12 Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

News: Mr. Manning how does it feel to lead, your injuried team (started with 9 ended with 5) to a 3-1 Victorey?

Manning: Its All skill, babes...come on dead thingsn scoring? How they move way to slow, to keep up with Samba's newest Ace Thrower.

News: describe how you felt , when you made the game winning pass from your side to theres, with you catcher in a tackle zone?

Manning: How I felt? I felt like having a V-8 i mean come on, I knew once I put it up there, my man would come down with it. not some silly ghoul.

News: Your next game is against another kind of undead team, anywords for them?

Manning: you bring the chicken, and I'll supply the shake and bake Laughing

News: There goes perhaps the best all time Thrower I every met, and slept with...Until next report this is Julia st. ballicker signing off
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2004 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Disgruntled Gals 2 - 0 Unsymphaten</b>

After watching what <i>Unsymphaten</i> did to a poor Chaos Dwarf team, the Gals became somewhat disgruntled. They definitely did not feel like this was a matchup they'd be enjoying. But once the first kickoff was underway, the gals began dodging past mummies to hit the skeletons. The strategy paid off and we managed to maim some skeletons pretty good! The mummies grew frustrated by our evasive maneuvers and we easily scored, even though we were outnumbered. We quickly made the Khemri pay and sent them packing in a hurry! Foul us again and see what happens! Razz

Vengeance.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The site is at http://www.samba2004.tk

it contains the latest standings, statistics, rules etc...

Please check it out.
Hephi

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2004 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sambabowl qualifiers are nearing completion,
2 out of 4 qualifiers have allready finished.

The names of the teams who will be competing in the Sambabowl
will gradually be added to the list on our site. (http://www.samba2004.tk)
Llwellyn

Post 10 Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Our Legend Has Been: "The Pixies know how to take a beating. And are ruled by their glorious queenie. Who is God."

But it seems now we have to add "And they know how to qualify, at least sometimes." : )

A great start for the pixies, and hopefully a sign of things to come...
 Jump to: