19 coaches online • Server time: 06:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tiamo69

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

INDUCEMENTS:

How / When do you get them?

just wondering how/when or even if u get access to Inducements?

main interest is Chef for Halfling team & does Chef come at the 50k price for flings or 100k or more?

& also Bloodweiser Babes, Bribes etc...

Freebooters/Journeymen & Star Players

the team sheet shows 'buy new player, hire freebooter, hire star'...

when you lose a player, if you can't afford to replace them can you take to the field with 10 men or less? (don't know why you would ever attempt to play with less than 10 men though!)

if you hire the freebooter, can he/she pick up SPP's & can you hire them permanently after the game?

Star Players - obviously are only around for the 1 match.

i'm slightly confused as i'm a table top player with a little experience / knowledge of Death Zone 3rd Ed Rules & a bit of experience of LRB5.

trying to get my head round all the different rule sets!

answers, here or on the back of a postcard please!

Ti

Last edited by tiamo69 on %b %22, %2009 - %13:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
Blackwidow

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

inducements/freebooters and journeymen are from living rulebook 5 here we play livingrulebook 4

Working on 5 ^^
Juff

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Be aware that Fumbbl currently uses the LRB4 ruleset; Inducements and journeymen are LRB5 rules.
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

Fumbbl uses the lrb4 rules. You can go check them out in the help/faq section or google.

In lrb4 there are no inducements, but there are handicaps by Team Rating which is very different from the lrb5 Team Value. Journeymen don't exist and freebooters are half price positionals who quit after one match. Chef is a permanent member of halfing team and can buy extra ingredients for 20k a piece.
tiamo69

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

cheers for replies everyone! Laughing

my main concern was Halfling Chef...

i did create a Fling team in Academy but don't recall seeing 'any Chef' options during creation...?

Ti
tiamo69

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Koigokoro wrote:
Hello,

Fumbbl uses the lrb4 rules. You can go check them out in the help/faq section or google.

In lrb4 there are no inducements, Chef is a permanent member of halfing team and can buy extra ingredients for 20k a piece.

Just gone back & retired my 'fling team & gone to create a New Team.....

Only 2 Options appear:
0-2 Treemen & 0-16 Flings.

So where is the Chef & where are his extra ingredients....?

Ti
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

For simplicity's sake (making the interface the same for everyone) it's under "Wizard" on the team page. Same goes for dwarf runesmiths.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
tiamo69

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
For simplicity's sake (making the interface the same for everyone) it's under "Wizard" on the team page. Same goes for dwarf runesmiths.

Thank You! Very Happy

That makes perfect sense, now i know! Rolling Eyes Wink

Ti
tiamo69

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

tiamo69 wrote:
maysrill wrote:

Thank You! Very Happy

That makes perfect sense, now i know!
Rolling Eyes Wink
Ti

ERRRRRRMMMMMM - well it would make perfect sense....

if my Create Team Sheet had Wizard down as an option.....

It just says Team Wizard - No with no add option shown?

even more confused now!!!???
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The majority of teams simply show 'No' or 'Yes' to denote whether they have hired a wizard or not. All Halfling teams automatically come with the chef as standard for every game at no cost. In their case though, istead of 'Yes/No', their wizard is a count for extra ingredients. So if you hire a wizard it will change from 'no' to '1'. Hire another, '2', etc...

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Cribbleobblepie wrote:
The majority of teams simply show 'No' or 'Yes' to denote whether they have hired a wizard or not. All Halfling teams automatically come with the chef as standard for every game at no cost. In their case though, istead of 'Yes/No', their wizard is a count for extra ingredients. So if you hire a wizard it will change from 'no' to '1'. Hire another, '2', etc...

This isnt available at the team creation stage. Once you finalise your team buying ingredients (and stars/freebooters) becomes an option.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
tiamo69

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Cribble / Silly;

thanks both.

so, this will appear on the sheet after creation & i just elect to use it before match?

i'm assuming the Chef's cooking can still distracts the opposition?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

tiamo69 wrote:
Cribble / Silly;

thanks both.

so, this will appear on the sheet after creation & i just elect to use it before match?

i'm assuming the Chef's cooking can still distracts the opposition?

Yep. You roll a dice at the start of each half. On a 2+ your opponent loses a re-roll and you gain one. The first roll is free but for every extra set of ingredients you buy you get another roll each half.

If in doubt then I like to check out stuff here. If you want the full rulebook (LRB4) then I tink theres a copy somewhere in the downloads section of the website - you cant get it from GW because its a slightly outdated version of the rules.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: