42 coaches online • Server time: 10:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
treborius

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, i've noticed that one of my skilled Orc-Linemen with Block and +MA has the exact same profile as a rookie Orc Blitzer.

The Lineman is valued 10.5 TS, whereas a Blitzer is valued 8 TS - does anybody know why that is?

i yet haven't fully digested the TS-formula(s) and there's surely room for improvement, but my understanding is that
every player should run through the TS-rating-algorithm the same way and 2 players with identical profiles
should thus come out with equal TS?

ideas? Confused
Soranar

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

not really

since orcs are supposed to only have 4 ma 6 players, if you forget gobbos, having a 5th one is more valuable than simply having another positional
treborius

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Soranar wrote:
not really

since orcs are supposed to only have 4 ma 6 players, if you forget gobbos, having a 5th one is more valuable than simply having another positional

i shoulda been more clear, i guess: i'm not concerned about whether or not that evaluation is justified or not (in the case of Orc-Linemen and Blitzers i'd probably be on your side, actually), but would just like to learn where (which TS-rule) it actually comes from, because with my current understanding of the rules i have no clue Wink

also, i've just stumbled upon this and am not sure, but i guess the principle applies to other races and positionals where it might not be justified?
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA is counted as a skill as well as a stats increase. That means the TS is increased by the base 2 and then even further for the increase in the stats grid. As +MA is a skill, the second skill also gets 0.5 more expensive - so block for the lino as second skill costs 2.5 while it costs only 2 (because it`s the first skill) on the blitzer.
treborius

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
+MA is counted as a skill as well as a stats increase. That means the TS is increased by the base 2 and then even further for the increase in the stats grid. As +MA is a skill, the second skill also gets 0.5 more expensive - so block for the lino as second skill costs 2.5 while it costs only 2 (because it`s the first skill) on the blitzer.

dang, i looked at the TS-rules again and i guess here it is:

Spikes, +MA, +ST and +AG have already been taken into account in the above tables, but still give the "default" 2+Cumulative addition to the player value.

...had overlooked that before Very Happy

thx, CL
 Jump to: