27 coaches online • Server time: 01:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like a graphical display of D6 rolls?
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 34 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Don't Care
25%
 25%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 63

Surre

Post   Posted: May 29, 2003 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

There should be a graphical display of normal D6 rolls just like the one for the Blockdie. And there should be a small break before any skill reroll or injury roll is made.

This way there will be more thrill and it will enhance the excitement of the game. As it is now the results just flashes by and you are having problem to really grip what happened with skill rerolls for instance. This will not slow down the game pace since it is only a very small break, perhaps this small break could also be eliminated in the options.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 29, 2003 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't really think it is all that much of a pressing matter - as you always can scroll up a bit in the message log to see what happened. There are some other things that are not implemented yet that seem more important Smile.

-Mnemon
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 29, 2003 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i reckon it is a good idea too! however it should only be done when all the elements of the lrb are implemented. personally i would like to see many things done but the coolest thing would have to be a league where you could buy griff oberwald and morg'n'thorg. i guess this can only be done when ski does the secret weapons!!! fungus and dribblesnot!!! i cant wait!!! Smile
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: May 29, 2003 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

star players suck and unbalence the game so at most they will be freeboot only just like it says in the rulebook
Toby

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2003 - 15:49Guest Reply with quote Back to top

Star Players rule, u suck and the LRB is crap all the way.

Add casualtie rolls to 3rd and you got a propper Blood Bowl ruleset.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2003 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

How can i say anything after such an inspired post? ^

Well i think graphical dice would simply provide more opportunity to lag a net game, and further crowd an already cluttered screen.

I'd much rather see things tweaked so that we see more if the earned skills on players like Big Guys. Its a pain to have to ask my opponent, or call up his roster.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2003 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

if you read the readme there are keys to press to scroll the skill lists

but hell much like everyone else here not like you want to read anything :p
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2003 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I have, I do, it slipped my notice, thanks for reminding me.
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2003 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be a neat feature, make it feel more like you're playing the boardgame, but if what psikobunny says is true, lagging the game due to it wouldn't be worth it.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would it lag the game? There won't be more information to be sent over the lines. Just a little thing for your own computer to display. It wouldn't take any time whatsoever.

And as Aequitas is saying, it would feel more like you are playing for real. Enhance the great game just a little bit more.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Too much looking at dice for me... If I need to know exactly what I rolled I'll look through the dialogue box, but generally when doing stuff like going for it I don't need to know exactly what I rolled - only that I didn't roll a one.

As said earlier, it'd eat up more space in the already squashed together applet, which I like the way it looks now. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir, I don't think there's any problem with space. It would just go where the blocking dice are displayed. My only concern is that it would take coding time away from some other more important features.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

Class Warfare?
Cheesy

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be nice to have, but it is not necessary imho.
Also I agree that Star players unbalance the game. Develop your own Star players, it is more fun than to play with Morg'n' thorg or Griff.
We took them out in our Real Life League and then fun went up Smile

have fun, play BloodBowl
Cheesy
 Jump to: