22 coaches online • Server time: 08:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Molt

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I ressurected these from the LRB5 Client: Your help is needed thread. I only picked those that were noises a crowd might make. To prevent spamming maybe only a few could be done repeatedly, others working only once a turn. Anyone know how we could make these sound files?

ANY TIME
/cheer - crowd cheering
/boo - crowd booing
/LOL = crowd laughs
/whistle = crowd whistles

AT KICK OFF
/defense - crowd chanting 'Defense, defense!'
/offense - crowd chanting 'Go Go GO!'

ONCE PER TURN
/hurt - crowd going 'oooooh' and muttering
/ref - 'Get da ref!'
/catch - 'Catch catch catch'
/gfi - 'RUN RUN RUN!'
/kill - "KILL KILL'
/foul - "foul foul"

Last edited by Molt on %b %02, %2009 - %16:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

not sure but they would be awesome to have

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ awesome \o/

...carrying it even further, why not allow coaches to have some customizable sounds for each team, which either plays at predefined events (kickoff, successful blitz, successful tackle, successful strip ball, etc.) or which can be invoked by the coaches, themselves.

...i guess it's important for the oppo to be able to switch that channel off, though Wink

...and also, the sounds should go through a similar approval-process as the pics do Smile

also, i demand some gobbo screaming "boneheadz, Boneheadz!!!" Very Happy
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people might dislike emotes that are meant to influence the game, but I can't see how "FOUL!" or "SCORE!/RUN!" would change the way people are playing. I think it's pretty rare that people forget to foul and it would certainly give colour to the game that a quire of "FOUL HIM" is heard whenever a top player hits the ground. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

An emote should be pretty ambigous.. It should be able to be interpretted by both coaches as a different meaning.. ie if I fumbbl a pass and the ball lands towards the sidelines away from an opposing player and we hear lots of boos... is that cause I fumbbl'd the pass or because the opponent now has to work more then they shouldve. I would love a /lol emote though..... Anything that doesnt help either coach is good.
Molt

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

eagle009 wrote:
An emote should be pretty ambigous.. It should be able to be interpretted by both coaches as a different meaning.. ie if I fumbbl a pass and the ball lands towards the sidelines away from an opposing player and we hear lots of boos... is that cause I fumbbl'd the pass or because the opponent now has to work more then they shouldve. I would love a /lol emote though..... Anything that doesnt help either coach is good.

At best a spectator could remind you to take an action you had forgotten about, however I think this would be a pretty rare occurrance

as someone in the old thread pointed out the spectators always, ALWAYS shout for the fouls, the GFIs, the crowd surfs, the kills and the passes - e.g.the risky/violent actions. Still - i tried to make them more reactive where possible (eg /catch instead of /pass) If you people can't tell why you are cheering or booing it kind of defeats the point of doing it in the first place.

Besides you don't know if the spectator is a high CR pro or a total newbie, friendly or out to make a fool out of you - so listening to a spectator's emotes would be madness Smile

Last edited by Molt on %b %09, %2009 - %14:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Molt

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2009 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I've got hold of some mixing software a go at making a soundfile for /foul

Any comments? i'm thinking maybe its a little too short and another second of chanting would sound better.

http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=1155222

more on the way. If anyone wants to record themselves shouting any of the spectator chants send me a PM and i'll encorporate them in.
LykeX

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2009 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say, I've really missed a "foul the bastard" emote. Maybe also a "wimp" sound for when a coach doesn't foul Smile
karix

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Little bit of necromancy on this thread but you really need a /hurryup with a bunch of voices jeering 'come on! play ball!' or hurry or something to that effect

adds to the pressure of a big game, and in RL sports there is booing when teams delay or slow exciting play down, and theres nothing worse than speccing a game with a player who uses the full 4 mins (sometimes more) to play each turn
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 07:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

And something for bloody stalling elves. Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Adding the emotes proposed by the OP would greatly enhance the fun of both spectating matches and playing a match with spectators. I wouldn’t be too afraid of the additional “information” for all the reasons mentioned above.

If this is technically possible it should be done imho...
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
Some people might dislike emotes that are meant to influence the game, but I can't see how "FOUL!" or "SCORE!/RUN!" would change the way people are playing. I think it's pretty rare that people forget to foul and it would certainly give colour to the game that a quire of "FOUL HIM" is heard whenever a top player hits the ground. Smile

Or "FOUL HER" or also "FOUL IT" if you should be correct. Or do you mean that no top players are female or "its"?

I like emotes!!!
Astarael

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
Tinkywinky wrote:

Or "FOUL HER" or also "FOUL IT" if you should be correct. Or do you mean that no top players are female or "its"?

I like emotes!!!

"Foul them" would be the non-gender specific usage.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Molt wrote:
I ressurected these from the LRB5 Client: Your help is needed thread. I only picked those that were noises a crowd might make. To prevent spamming maybe only a few could be done repeatedly, others working only once a turn. Anyone know how we could make these sound files?

ANY TIME
/cheer - crowd cheering
/boo - crowd booing
/LOL = crowd laughs
/whistle = crowd whistles

This I can mostly agree with, always wanted a laugh. Just change /LOL to /laugh, so it doesn't look stupid. I may hate english but yea.

I'd also put the arguement in for no /laugh. It is insulting if used at the right time. We want to encourage specs, not have players ban them.

Just keep /hurt and drop whistle. Whistle would just be anoying.
Molt wrote:

AT KICK OFF
/defense - crowd chanting 'Defense, defense!'
/offense - crowd chanting 'Go Go GO!'

ONCE PER TURN
/hurt - crowd going 'oooooh' and muttering
/ref - 'Get da ref!'
/catch - 'Catch catch catch'
/gfi - 'RUN RUN RUN!'
/kill - "KILL KILL'
/foul - "foul foul"

No.

For the kickoff ones I don't see the point. Pointless.

The once per turn? WRONG. Specs should be SPECS, not assistant coaches. They should have no viable effect on the game. This would just lead to me and alot of others just banning all specs.
 Jump to: