25 coaches online • Server time: 09:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tainted

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I introduced a roommate of mine to this game and we've been playing back and forth but recently we got curious about where we should go after our teams become too good for ranked.

We're not really interested in playing anybody other than ourselves and anyone else we convince to play with us-- and it's for this reason I imagine it wouldn't exactly be appreciated if we joined the ranked division.

I looked for an unranked division and could not find one (this is just from the new create a team option). So what is the proper ettiquette if I wish to continue playing solely my roommate after our teams become too good for Academy?

I'm not at all familiar with the league option (so I'm not sure if creating a two person league would be our best bet) and both of us are new players (though he is an avid tabletop gamer).

So, where should I go once we hit 150?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh dear. Did you...........read any of the rules at all?

League is your only option, the only place you can play so many back to back games. You should really be playing there now!
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

you may play as many games between 2 league teams as you wish you dont even have to set up your own league, just create your teams and play to your hearts content.... enjoy,

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I did read the rules, but it was quite some time ago when I was still learning the game so I've likely forgotten some slightly important elements.

How would I go about transferring teams into league play? Or do I have to make entirely new teams?

Thanks for the input and excuse my ignorance. Noob here.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 05:50
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Go to the team page for your Academy team, at the bottom of the page there is a button that says "Transfer to League Division"
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

enjoy your solopsistic gaming life.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

tainted wrote:
We're not really interested in playing anybody other than ourselves and anyone else we convince to play with us

So why do you guys even bother with Fumbbl then? Just play the tabletop version with each other (especially if you are room mates!) over and over until you fall asleep...

Weirdness.... Rolling Eyes
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly because the site can handle team management, dice rolls etc and doesnt need a table or figures for every team........
Hofmeister

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, for a site where everyone is free to play BB just how they want to people get a lot of stick for playing BB just how they want to...

Read my friend's blog about sport, it's good: Sporting Eye
tainted

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2009 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

gregory_n_white wrote:
Possibly because the site can handle team management, dice rolls etc and doesnt need a table or figures for every team........

This.

We own the table top but we're busy university students and it's much easier and quicker to get in a game using fumbbl.

Also, we have the opportunity to play with teams that we don't own physically. We're both very new to this, remember, and consider the broke unfortunate university student who cannot afford expensive models.

As fun as playing Orcs versus Humans over and over again is, I'd rather mix it up a bit and have a computer calculate the dice rolls for me. Call me lazy, but we can sit side by side on a laptop each and do it much quicker than having to pull out a board and set everything up.

It's just simpler. Call me crazy or lazy or whatever, but it works easiest for us.

Anyways-- thanks for the help everyone. We're trying to get a few interested others into our little noob blood bowl group and we may even start our own little league.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2009 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing to watch out for.

If a bunch of you are using the same computers or internet connection to play each other make sure you let the admins know or it might look like you are multi-accounting.

I really don't see why anyone is complaining about you guys playing this way, part of the joy of this site is that it accomodates all types of players.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2009 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

But its a much better experience to play with the tabletop game! Even if you use proxy models because you don't have the right ones. Its just more awesome, and you can't get those stupid mistakes where you pick a guy up and fuck you should have moved him later, forget to click blitz etc.

But yeah, their choice. The question has already been answered though: League.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2009 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Do admins patrol non-league [L] matches and academy games?

If not, I would assume they'd be fine unless one or both of them get bored and decide to upgrade to [R] or [B].

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
 Jump to: