57 coaches online • Server time: 22:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KillerOrc

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2009 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone,

I´ve been a frequent visitor to your great forum the last couple of months (which happened to coincide with the release of Cyanide's blood bowl...) I really like this forum, escpecially the strategy section.

I have a request for anyone who has some extra time and who does not know what to do with it...
Does anyone of you have, want to write, want to have or can magically supply me with a fake wood elf strategy? It´s supposed to be as a joke, which you should be able to tell from the strategy itself. It is also supposed to be a strategy which definitely makes you loose any game against any bashing team you can think of (Orcs). I wanted to post it on another forum. A forum which is used for a private league in which I play, the division I´m in has 4 Orc teams, 2WE, 1 skaven and one Chaos.

I´ve never played WE so I don´t think I could make a funny one.

PS. If this is the wrong place to ask for this, or if I by any chance offend you by posting this request just move this topic or ignore it Razz
JHassler

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2009 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean things like?:

Always be sure to leave your players near the sideline?
Or, Wardancers are best when left on the bench?
Or, whenever possible hand the ball to the Tree, especially when you need a one or two turn score?
Or, keep as many of your players tied up with the other team and NEVER dodge out?
Or, passing and handing off should only be performed in extreme circumstances?
Or, favor a war of attrition?
Or, two dice blocks are awesome when you make the other coach choose?

I dunno... :/
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2009 - 08:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

JHassler wrote:

Lol'ed so hard i fell off my chair.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2009 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

You mean the good old Tree Rampage And Special Harrassment playbook? Heard of it, but I think I would get sick while writing obviously fake tactical advise for woodies.
KillerOrc

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2009 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JHassler wrote:
Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean things like?:

Always be sure to leave your players near the sideline?
Or, Wardancers are best when left on the bench?
Or, whenever possible hand the ball to the Tree, especially when you need a one or two turn score?
Or, keep as many of your players tied up with the other team and NEVER dodge out?
Or, passing and handing off should only be performed in extreme circumstances?
Or, favor a war of attrition?

I dunno... :/

Yes something like that. But a little more complex, a couple of lines on how to play bashers. "Always try to position an elf close to an oponent so he can´t dodge away, this is very important. If left alone your opponent could get 2 players against one of your elfs. And you never want to play 2 against one...."

We also need some strategies on skill selection.
"As a first skill Wardancers should pick frenzy since this is a great skill in taking down opponents, what is better than one block? Yes 2 blocks!! Another good first choice for a Wardancer, if you get doubles is piling on. Using this skill can you turn you wardancer into a complete war machine. And dont worry about him being on the ground, while he is on the ground he can´t be blocked or pushed out in the crowd".....
benjysmyth

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2009 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

JHassler wrote:

Don't forget to make sure he has taken root first you budding Wood Elf coaches.

A lot of people don't realise this, but once a Treeman has taken root they receive a hidden +6 modifier when passing due to being extra sturdy. Perfect for making those last minute long bombs! Very Happy
Roseph

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2009 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

from the mind of Paul hicks

Tactica Idiotica

Fouling

Fouling is a very important part of bloodbowl and is an essential weapon in your arsenal on your quest to become a worldclass coach.
"Fouling", it has often been said, "should be used as a scalpel rather than a chainsaw". This statement is absolutely true.
In order to use fouling succesfully you MUST use it to tacticaly and surgicaly remove the key players on your opponents team therefor weakening his chances of putting his own tactics into effect.

Taking all this into conideration it is therefor essential that you foul every single turn regardless of any other factors.
This is the only way to avoid accidentaly missing an important surgical foul.
Don't be put off either if the only player on the floor is a movement 3, streangth 2 zombie. How are you going to feel if you decide NOT to foul him and he ends up scoring the winning touchdown?

Its important to remember the following little known facts about fouling:

A) Holding the ball adds a secret (you wont see it on the client but trust me) +2 to injury rolls. The extra weight is an important factor.

B) Leaping into the foul adds a secret (you wont see it on the client but trust me) +2 to injury rolls. This one seems pretty obvious really.

C) Using the most expensive player on your team to foul adds a secret (you wont see it on the client but trust me) +2 to injury rolls. Better players are better at stuff. Its just logical.

D) Fouling when the "eye" is on you adds a secret (you wont see it on the client but trust me) +2 to injury rolls. Your players are trying hard to impress the people who are watching them.

Stalling

Frankly there is NO-ONE on Fumbbl better qualified to give advice on how to avoid getting "stalled" than me as i am the ONLY coach on here who has NEVER been stalled on.

Stalling is when your opponent creates a situation where he is hiding the ball from you, usualy close to your endzone and delaying scoring to help him win. Naturaly to do this he MUST make sure you can't get the ball from him.

So therefore if you arnt even TRYING to take the ball (or even looking to see where it is if your a real pro) he can't possibly be "stalling".
In fact rather than stalling your opponent now just becomes some guy whos got half his team down one end of the pitch and left that juicy thrower all on his own.

Flawless.
KillerOrc

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2009 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one Ro. I´ve just started a Strategy thread for all woddies and the random Skaven and all the other teams that lack the proper genetics to have a solid blood bowl game plan Wink
If I get the time to write up something good I´ll be sure to post it here....
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2009 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Go with Hail Mary Pass and Diving Catch, it sucks so hard you can laugh in your opponent's face when it does work.