34 coaches online • Server time: 12:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m0nty

Post 3 Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Building on a suggestion by Goodnametaken, here is a proposal for a Stunty Leeg team based on the concept of a pack of werewolves taking the field, with two males, two females and a bunch of puppies:

Wolf Pack teams
0-2 Werewolf 120,000 8 3 3 8 Claw, Frenzy, Catch G A
0-2 She-wolf 90,000 6 3 3 8 Dauntless, Frenzy G
0-12 Werecub 50,000 7 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty A

Team Re-rolls: 70,000
Apothecary: No
Wizards: No

A likely TR100 roster would be two werewolves, two she-wolves, seven werecubs, two TRRs and FF9. I thought that not having an apothecary would balance out the high MA, quite apart from fitting the fluff... skinks dominate Stunty Leeg with their high MA, and I wouldn't want the Wolf Pack to dominate like that.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If you'd like a frenzy based team, I'd suggest that you work on the Bray/Ungor team concept.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that it would be all right to have an apothecary on this team as long as you give the werecubs something other than dodge to start with-- like sidestep for example, or maybe even block. That would make them significantly different than skinks. In addition, this would be a nice difference from the Bray/Ungors, as only a small portion of the team has frenzy.
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

So, instead of a new team that shows alot of potential, work on the one you suggested that has been ignored for over 2 months?

In addition to that it is hiding inside a suggestion for yet another differnt team. I don't mean to be critical EvolveToAnarchism, but that doesn't seem very helpful.

Back on Topic...

Looks cool M0nty, although I'm not a big fan of teams with no apothocary. I really think no apothocary on a team without regeneration is not a good idea. Other than that, everything looks really cool.

my 2 cents
Alanir

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Give em an apothecary... it'll be kinda like a vet for the little puppies...
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 05:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I don't think that it is all it is cracked up to be. This will play very strangely in Stunty. As think about it you will have a mv 8 dude with catch and general access.

You have four dudes with general access. two of those with dauntless. So they could in theory grab sure hands and pass the ball off quite easily.

Not just that but your best armor is 8 and only to dudes have claw. Your going to get them slaughtered. You have no one to actually take hits as well as dish them.
Even snotlings have trolls to cop blows. After a few bombs and ball and chainers you will be in for it. STR 3 aint even that hard to overcome.

Evolve's team was better. Don't dis the guy for bringing it forward. I think that stuff like warebears are more suited to stunty then she wolfs as STR 4 means that stunty players can't ambush them.

You need either an aproc or give the cubs regen. You also need to give the shewolfs better armor or something else to help them survive. Blast if I can take out a Pigmy team just by killing a krox imagine the damage I could do on this team.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for not posting a detailed critique of yet another Stunty Leeg proposal that yet again ignores the core design philosophy of the Stunty Leeg.

1) Stunty Leeg teams should have a solid background that is part of the Warhammer Universe or extends it in a reasonable manner. Please no -ling teams or teams from another universe.
2) Make sure the team is Unique. Don't steal another pre-existing team's schtick. This is very difficult. Most of the possible variants have been covered. This needs to be very well thought out.
3) Novel playing style. The team should add a different playing style to the Stunty Leeg. There's no point adding a new team unless it adds something new to the Stunty Leeg.
4) Mayhem. The team should have some mayhem features. Big Guys, Secret Weapons, Mayhem-inducing skills. Combine this with #2 and your task is a very difficult one.
5) Stunty Leeg team. The team should have a mix of Stunty players and a few Big Guys. ST3 AG3 players would need some real strong justification.
6) Balance. Once all of the above criteria have been satisfied. The team must be tweaked to ensure it's reasonably balanced compared to the other teams.

I've spent countless hours designing Stunty Leeg teams to fit this criteria. It's a difficult time consuming process. Most of the recent proposals seem to go from "gee-whiz" idea phase to wouldn't this be great. While virtually all the Stunty Leeg teams have gone through an extensive design process often taking several months. It's very frustrating to see so many slapdash proposals that ignore these key design principles that have guided the growth of the Stunty Leeg.

Quick scoring of the above team:
1) Fluff: 3/10. Conceivable to fit in the Warhammer Universe. Smells of the dreaded -ling syndrome. She-wolves just don't seem terribly well thought out.
2) Unique: 2/10. Move 7 ST2 stunty steals what little speed advantage the Fairy team has in the Leeg. The she-wolves virtually duplicate the Orc Slayers (only they are more potent).
3) Novel Playing Style: 2/10 The team looks like a more potent version of the incredibly dull skink team.
4) Mayhem: 0/10 This team makes the dull skinks almost look exciting.
Stunty Leeg: 0/10 The werewolves which are neither Stunty nor a Big Guy are the main focus of this team. Yuck!
5) Balance: ?/10 Only playtesting will tell but the team scores so poorly on the other criteria, I think it needs a serious redesign, thus the suggestion of working on the Ungor/Bray team.

The reason why I suggested the Ungor/Bray team is because it has got a solid background in the Warhammer Universe (high fluff). It makes logical sense that they might have many frenzied players (uniqueness points). If you included hounds (similar to the were-cubs), the team could offer a novel playing style due to the decent mix of "no-handed" hounds (Novely points). Adding Wild Animal to the Brays and/or some fluffy centigors would create a suitably mayhemful team (high mayhem points). But then you'd have the difficulty of balancing the above team.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

ungor team

0-3 Gors 5 4 2 8 Big Guy, Horns, Break Tackle, Wild Animal, No Hands (G;S;P)110k
0-16 ungor 5 2 3 8 thick skull, horns, dodge (G;P) 50k
rerolls 60k apoth yes

its just a "little" broken Wink
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Cederlund wrote:
ungor team

0-3 Gors 5 4 2 8 Big Guy, Horns, Break Tackle, Wild Animal, No Hands (G;S;P)110k
rerolls 60k apoth yes

Why would you propose a roster that you know is more than a little broken???

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I deliberately started with a roster that is underpowered, so that it could not be dismissed out of hand. peikko is the ultimate arbiter of Stunty Leeg... admins like me and Evo are just as powerless as the rest of you. If he wants an apothecary, he is welcome if he thinks it won't be unbalancing.

Evo: I tried looking for any mention in the forums of the "core design philosophy" of Stunty Leeg you talked about. I found this thread in which you present your personal philosophy, but all peikko says is that he wants the proposals "to be sensible and offer something new to Stunty Experience".

JJ is trying to move Blood Bowl away from strict WHFB adherence, so I don't think we should stick to it religiously with Stunty Leeg. I agree we shouldn't import foreign material like gully dwarves, but any generic fantasy trope is fair game IMHO. Again, that's just my opinion, and I respect peikko's absolute power to do anything he likes.

As for not having any big guys, I thought that would be a distinctive feature. If that's a dealbreaker, maybe turn the She-wolf into:
0-2 She-Wolf 100,000 6 5 2 8 Big Guy, Claw, Wild Animal, Frenzy G S
Cederlund

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Cederlund wrote:
ungor team

rerolls 60k apoth yes

Why would you propose a roster that you know is more than a little broken???

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

its obviously the hip thing to do Wink
just look at the albion team and the frenzy orcs Razz
 Jump to: