28 coaches online • Server time: 03:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2009 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed that

The game log does not scroll down automatically.

The game name appearing in the log window would be handy.

Trimspaces on game name would be good. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2009 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, but the log DOES scroll down automatically. You need to be aware that the log has 2 modes: either the slider is all the way down, then it autoscrolls or you move the slider upwards (to look at something that has already scrolled away) then it won't autoscroll (otherwise you would need to adjust the slider continously until you have finished reading).

The game name has but a single purpose: it allows the opponents to foind each other when creating the game. Right after that it is dropped and the game is referred to by an id. To rejoin a game you can look at your open games, to join as a spectator you click the link in the games page (which contains aforementioned id). The game name is free for someone else to use once both opponents have joined. So it wouldn't make any sense to print it in the log.

Noone wants to comment on "Throw Team-mate" ? (see my previous post)
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2009 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work Kalimar.

Kalimar wrote:
Oh, but the log DOES scroll down automatically. You need to be aware that the log has 2 modes: either the slider is all the way down, then it autoscrolls or you move the slider upwards (to look at something that has already scrolled away) then it won't autoscroll (otherwise you would need to adjust the slider continously until you have finished reading).

Cool great stuff.

Kalimar wrote:

The game name has but a single purpose: it allows the opponents to foind each other when creating the game. Right after that it is dropped and the game is referred to by an id. To rejoin a game you can look at your open games, to join as a spectator you click the link in the games page (which contains aforementioned id). The game name is free for someone else to use once both opponents have joined. So it wouldn't make any sense to print it in the log.

The problem we had was that the two coaches connected to different games. (due to an extra space from a cut/paste)

As it didn't echo the game name in the log we couldn't be sure what the real game names were.

Just might make it easier to spot typos.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2009 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

First game last night appeared to suffer a server crash. Other peoples games crashed at the same time.

Could not select players after reloading.

Abandoned and started a new game. Unless I've forgotten something the new game completed with zero problems. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Noone wants to comment on "Throw Team-mate" ?

I played a game just now - my ogres vs some goblins - and I have to confess that neither me nor my opponent could figure out how to use throw team-mate. It didn't appear in the action list when I clicked on the ogre, and nothing seemed to happen when I clicked on the skill in the list.

Could you enlighten us? If so I'll try it next time.

Shame, 'cause I wanted to chuck my snotlings at his trolls ... Very Happy
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just select "Pass action" on your Big Guy, then move to a "Right Stuff" player, click on it and it will be picked up to be thrown. Then select a squere to throw to with the range ruler, click on it and see the little one fly Smile
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2009 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking, as this can't be tested with the existing starting rosters, that if Bonehead or Really stupid were to fail and the big guy in question had Stand Firm or Side Step, would the client handle it correctly?
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2009 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

BBC Development Blog updated with the current state of affairs.
 Jump to: