46 coaches online • Server time: 16:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2004 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

m0nty wrote:
...BMM, I'd love to see a client such as you describe.

Hey, those Hammer Horror Films rocked...

Also, it's worth noting that this is not a JBB-ish client, but rather a FUMBBL-ish server application. If you can't figure out the difference between the two, then you shouldn't be making up rosters anyway. Razz Very light-featured and just enough to make test rosters (or silly ones for fun) and play with them (via JBB, tabletop or whatever you want... unchecked, form-based match reporting as well as .res file reporting) and collect stats, if you so desire.

I trust m0nty knew what I meant and I'm dwelling on minutae here but I thought I'd just clarify it.

{ edit: about working with Ski to integrate things, I'm not planning anything nearly that intricate. Just a very basic, specialized CMS for rosters, more or less - to be used with JBB or tabletop or IRC or PBEM or whatever you may desire. }

Last edited by BadMrMojo on Aug 08, 2004 - 07:35; edited 1 time in total
m0nty

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2004 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I knew what you meant, I just said the wrong thing.

It would be worth dropping SkiJunkie a line on that one. I hear he and Christer will work together a lot more on integrating future versions of the JBB client with FUMBBL, so it might be worth your while finding out what he is planning.
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2004 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism, I did not intend to slight you personally. I used m0nty's commentary as an example.

My intended point was to tell _Sayian_ not to lose faith because one person didn't like his idea.

If he can come up with a viable(game mechanics) team that is balanced an fun to play, the fluff (which is meaningless storyline correct?) can be improved on later. Some people are good with fluff and some with mechanics. Most people will need a little help with both.
Smegish

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2004 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

That client would be a great idea BMM Very Happy , it would certainly help with playtesting for my current project: Blood Bowl 40K. Twisted Evil
Tizai

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2004 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha BB40K. That'd be interesting. Ever since getting BloodBowl about a decade ago I thought that Genestealers would make great blitzers/runners/catchers Wink

Not to mention a Carnifex or 2 to mix up the scrimmage Twisted Evil

BMM your server is a great idea, I just hope that people don't all want to be server admins (as happens with a lot of MMORPGs once private servers can be set up).

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2004 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Here's the criteria that have guided the development of the Stunty Leeg:

1) Stunty Leeg teams should have a solid background that is part of the Warhammer Universe or extends it in a reasonable manner. Please no -ling teams or teams from another universe.

Not true. As BB itself has interest moving in its own way rather than sticking to some restricted rpg world of game that has no real connection points. Also stunty is the free love child of BB and is not that restricted in BB ways and rules itself. There surely is limits to how different the fluff part is, whatever the fluff is it has to fit in, so there wont be any Simpsons-fluffed teams or so.
Morgion

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2004 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT::.. didnt realise there was more pages.. posted according to page 1.. dont mind me.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Here's the criteria that have guided the development of the Stunty Leeg:

1) Stunty Leeg teams should have a solid background that is part of the Warhammer Universe or extends it in a reasonable manner. Please no -ling teams or teams from another universe.

Not true. As BB itself has interest moving in its own way rather than sticking to some restricted rpg world of game that has no real connection points. Also stunty is the free love child of BB and is not that restricted in BB ways and rules itself. There surely is limits to how different the fluff part is, whatever the fluff is it has to fit in, so there wont be any Simpsons-fluffed teams or so.

Sorry, but I have to set the record straight. I was stating a FACT. Being part of the "Warhammer Universe" was a necessary criteria for being considered for addition to the Stunty Leeg. To claim otherwise is patently false. I had many conversations with Mr-Klipp and he was steadfast in this requirement. Not only did a new team have to fit into the fluff, the stats/gameplay of the team should reflect this background (Ungor teams were rejected on this basis, as they were not "stunty"). Mr-Klipp's lament about the unfluffy Chaos Halflings was a topic of several of our conversations. So, as you can see fluff was an overwhelming criteria for designing a new Stunty Leeg team. Of all the criteria that I posted, this was the most explicitedly stated.

Peikko, even though you begin with a statement that looks like a radical departure from the Core Stunty Leeg philosophy, I'm still not sure how much you really want to change the Stunty Leeg. You state that "whatever the fluff is it has to fit in". Now to me, that is equivalent to what I've stated above. I hope that that is your intention, as I have yet to see any overwhelming reason to reject this cornerstone of the Stunty Leeg.

Re: resticted RPG world. Woah! The fluff is only restrictive if you don't have any imagination or a willingness to familiarize yourself with the immense fluff that exists in the GW Universe(s). Yes, Blood Bowl is in its own Universe but it is heavily influenced by Warhammer Universe where it has many connection points (too many to list). Lots of creative interesting teams that are enriched by these connections can be created. Skryre Slaves are certainly more interesting (and fun) than a dull unfluff connected Ratlings team. The Gnome's take on the Dwarven Slayer Cult is another source of richness to the Stunty Leeg. I'm glad to see you that this rich fluffy addition to the BB Universe will be protected by enuring that "whatever the fluff [of a new team] is it has to fit in". IMHO to do otherwise, would be a grave mistake.

The largest real restriction of the Stunty Leeg is that the teams need to be Mayhemful and Unique. When Stunty Leeg added Secret Weapons, the Leeg came into it's own with an exciting mix of Big Guys, Stunties, Secret Weapons and Schticks. We are slowly running out of suitably Mayhemful Schticks. I believe this should be the real restriction on growth of the Stunty Leeg. Duplicating schticks with slight modifications will only dilute and cheapen the pre-existing teams. Having fluffy unique mayhemful teams that truly feel different is much more fun than having a plethora of unrelated bland teams with slight variations. I hope the Core Stunty Leeg Philosophy that created the latter will continue to guide the expansion of the Stunty Leeg.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
How and Why the Media is Censored

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2004 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

To me, this ends the argument...
http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=700
 Jump to: