37 coaches online • Server time: 11:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2004 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Two players with Dauntless in a team without Big Guys is different then six guys with Dauntless in a team with three Big Guys...

And the Redcaps won't work with only S access, as they can't get 7 skills on normal skillrolls (they can't even get Mighty Blow).
m0nty

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2004 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I said they never SHOULD have Dauntless. Just because some of them do doesn't make it right...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2004 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Cross-posting of relevant drunken ramblings.

Something of note for everyone proposing teams, potentially. Just didn't feel like spamming this thread with the whole thing as well.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2004 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering a couple of days ago... with the circus team (and ungor team?) in the making, and the not so recent anymore arrivel of the Strygs/Pygmies/squigs, the poor fairies had a hard time with their Str 1. (not really the case for snots, you know what I mean.) So I thought, hmmm, another str1 based team would be nice, sure the fairies are "competitve" (eeeurg, nasty word) and are a challenge, yet fun to play.

So I thought Imps could fit, Imps, other nasty little minions ect, hell, why not toss a wizard or two in it. And then booyah! I check out the formum and there it was.

so I support the idea, Imp based team would rock, and help avoid "stunties whithin stunties"
hunter

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2004 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

0-2 Homunculus: 2/1/1/7 Stunty, Dodge, TRS, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Spikes (A) 30k

I don't see myself ever purchasing these players, even if they have MV3.... they just seem kinda worthless. You don't have any weapons on the team (yet?), so maybe you could give them poisoned dagger or something. But MV2 and AG1 still really suck- I'd maybe make them 5/1/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, TRS, Poisoned Dagger (A) 50K.

I like the rest of your revised setup, but I'm not sure about 12 guys on the team with prehensile tail. That seems pretty powerful, especially with MV6. If you want to keep that, I'd reduce the MV to at least 5, maybe 4.

Those are just a couple of quick thoughts... no time right now, but I'll mull it over a bit more later.

~hunter
Kommando

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2004 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

no more poison dagger please
pixyled

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2004 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Orc slayers have ST2, block, frenzy, dauntless, tackle and access to multiple block. yet gnomes suck. These guys have only ST1 so if your dauntless roll fails, you will be praying. same deal with the frenziers. ST1+frenzy=sad sad day. as any fairy or snot player can tell you, ST1 relies almost entirely on luck. And strigoyan all have access to GAS skills which i dont understand. Shouldnt it just be the vamps and vamplings at most?

Blodge is pretty annoying I agree, so what if the Imps start without dodge at the same price? A stunty team with skill variety other than the overkill-in-that-area strigoyan would be interesting i think.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2004 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Um Pixyled it is just the Vamps and Vamplings the Thralllings have access to A only
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2004 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You are mad, strigoyans are pretty weak... 1 big guy with just av8, 4 stunty positionals with av7 you can't even apoth... they usually get beaten up bad.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2004 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

nah, i found strigos pretty balanced. after all the lord is the best big guy available and you get 4 blodge, dirty player vamps. i think they do allright
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2004 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

An imp team with a Prehensile Tail schtick could be interesting. Yes, it may be potent, but balanced with ST1, it could be workable. The bigger question is, would it be fun and suitably mayhemful? Probably not in isolation, but perhaps with some additional Unique players that gave the team a Novel playing style. But whatver you add, please don't duplicate another teams schticks.

I really should start another thread, but since Kommando mentioned it, I'll post a brief comment on schticks.

Stunty Leeg Teams With Their Schticks

Bray/Ungor: Wild Animal/Frenzied Stunties, Animals on the Pitch (Hounds), This team is still in development and is likely to change.
Chaos Halflings: Chainsaws
Circus Team: TTM Stunty Acrobats, Dump Off Jugglers, Freak and Strongman
Faeries: ST 1, Jump Up Lineman, Fast Hypnotic Gazing (Nerfed) Pixies, Strip Ball Leprechauns
Gnomes: Mad Bommaz, Cannon (Blunderbuss TTM), Dauntless Stunties instead of Big Guys
Goblin Cheaters: Masters of the Secret Weapon (exception to the rule of not duplicating other teams Secret Weapons)
Goblin: dull baseline team
Halfling: Master Chef
Nurglings: Regeneration and Tentacled Big Guy
Pygmies: Shadowing Pygmies, Positional Totem Warriors
Skinks: Poison Dagger, Superfast Stunties and No Big Guys (This should be the dullest allowable team)
Skryre Slaves: Horde Team (ST1 Guard Stunties), Warpwheel (Deathroller variant), Relentless Mechavermin (High AV and SF), Sharpshooters (Blunderbuss)
Snotlings: Pump Wagons, Poison Daggers (If I was redesigning the Stunty Leeg, I'd be tempted to drop the Daggers and up the snotlings to M5)
Squig Herder: OFAB, Herding (RS), Leaping Monsters
Strigoyan: OFAB, Regeneration, Elite Stunty Vamplings (Need Positional Name Changed to Strigoyan), Infect was supposed to be part of the original plan but Klipp disappeared before he could code it.
Tzeentchian Horrors: Boneheaded Tentacled Stunties, likely aided by Chaos Spawn and/or some magic.

Red
= Team in development Blue = Similar Schticks

If you take a look at the above list and the Blood Bowl rulebook, you will see that almost all of the mayhemful skills/weapons have been used. It's a tough challenge to create a team that doesn't duplicate another teams schtick while having a fluffy coherent background. None the less, I think the Imp team concept is the most likely to succeed of all the recent flurry of Stunty Leeg proposals.

Stunty Leeg has prospered from the addition of suitably balanced and mayhemful teams that had strong Fluff, Unique players and added a Novel playing style to the Leeg. This way all of the teams have feel and play differently while capturing the essence of Stuny Leeg by being wild and wacky.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
FUMBBL SMACK

P.S. 3 Really Small Challenges:
1) Name all the mayhemful skills that haven't been used for a team schtick
2) Name all the parts of the Warhammer/Blood Bowl Universe that hasn't been explored
3) Name the next team that I will be designing

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2004 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Now to the team concept itelf:

Fluff: I can see two ways you could develop it: demonic or wizardly. I would advise against going the demonic route, as GW has developed the Daemonic (4 Chaos Gods) mythology rather than the more conventional demonic mythology. When I think of Imps in the GW Universe, I think of wizard familiars. You could play up this idea and make the team a Dark Wizard sponsored mystical team.

Unique players: (Flesh) Golems could work as the team's pseudo big guys, they certainly could be much more interesting than Blighted Treemen. A horned familiar might be a good idea if you want to make this an all ST1 team (a good parallel to the Leprechaun while being Unique). I'm sure lots of interesting "dark familiars" could be proposed to fill out this team.

Novel Playing Style: If you go the all ST1 route this could be a bit of a challenge. We've got 3 all ST1 teams: The slaughterhouse snotlings, the frail faeries and the swarming slaves. It would be interesting to see what new playing style you would like to see this team use. Another avenue that might be worth exploring is making them a mix of ST1 and ST2 players, but that would have to wait until some other dark familiars are proposed.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Kingdom of Loathing