21 coaches online • Server time: 04:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you stop the infamous undead square formation?
Foul them until none are left
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Chain push them into the crowd
57%
 57%  [ 58 ]
Surround them with love (LOVE BEATS DEATH!)
27%
 27%  [ 27 ]
Let me explain my uber strategy below...
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Concede the game
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 100

Markus

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This formation is not too good a cage. Chainpush works if the ghouls don't sidestep or the mummies stand firm. otherwise you stay back one square from the cage in that formation oxxoxxoxxo (x=pl and o=open square) he wont go through your wall and if he comes next to you you will find openings to make pushbacks until you get the ballcarrier free to blitz on a 2 db. This wont work well if his mummies have got sf and guard and are next to your wall. Additionally you should keep players at the backside of the cage. Without the right skills this cage is very bad, especially for undead. No room to break out of his own cage.
Uber

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The way my opponent played, I knew he wasnt going to pull any of these fancy chain pushes on me. Both teams were at their second game, so he didnt have the guards to give him a 2 dice block on the ball carrier so it was a risky move for him. What he did was to blitz into the cage next to the ball carrier. I then used a mummy to clear the way to the end zone, handed off to my ghoul and scored promptly.

The guy had been dodging away from me all game and when I got to that point I had a lot of guys caging the ballcarrier and the rest basically had nothing to do, so I just put em like that cause it just seemed so damned funny to do. Anyhow, I certainly wouldn't recommend it against any serious opponent!

- Uber

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe. LOL uber. I would have done the exact same thing. Just for the aestethics of it. Wink
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2004 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, yeah, its like when you have a clear walk to the endzone in the last turn and theres only one opposing player left on the picth, lying face down. You just have to foul him for the aesthetics of it, theres nothing more appealing than a nice clear pitch Very Happy
Stikki

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2004 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't be scared of one-dice blocks.

Also, get someone with leap and strip ball.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2004 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. nothing to do but start crying and conceede....
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

chainpush the wight, and the ball carrier will pop out of the pocket for a blitz on ball carrier on same turn

Oscar Wilde
Delta

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

jan_mattys wrote:
Oh, one more thing: Can u see why I hire wizards when confronting khemri and undeads? Smile

Always a fun solution. With a touch of luck (good) you can wipe out most of his team.
Worse case scenario....you slow him down a turn while he picks up his players.

More likely though, the only real chance you've got is trying to chainpush the guy out of the cage. (a 2-game team is not always gonna have the money to buy a wizard)
If it was my cage.....well I would change to the old 5-star cage formation. Much harder to get the ball free from that.