14 coaches online • Server time: 06:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm going to add even more to my Lizards' team bio. This time it'll be a "Tournaments entered" section. I want the sections to look exactly like they do in the tournament's page, but I can't find out how to get the black horizontal lines on the team bio.

Here's how far I've gotten (with a '09 WO qualifier as example.)

Any suggestions?

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

would like to know the same
And also is it possible to make it show at the press of a button?
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Try this Manp:

Quote:
<input style='width:150px;' type="button" value="Show" onclick="x=document.getElementById('hide1');if(x.style.display != 'none'){x.style.display = 'none';this.value='Show'}else{x.style.display = 'block';this.value='Hide';}"><div id=hide1 style='display:none'><!--

-->YOURTEXT<!--

--></div>

and replace the 'YOURTEXT' with the stuff you want opened when you click the button. I've updated the team bio linked in my first post with a show button. Is that what you wanted?

~Windex

Last edited by WindexChugger on %b %14, %2010 - %00:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Change the border of the table from 1 to a number.
Code:
border="0" > border="1"

Or something like:
Code:
<table style='border: solid 2px black; width:400px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;' border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've got horizontal lines but...now there's too many lines.
Link

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Before I start rambling on, do you mean something like this?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=604365

If that's the case, here's my walk-through:
Go to the apropriate tournament page, open source of that page*, find the apropriate tournament table. Copy it into your favorite text editor (often easier to edit than using FUMBBL). Search and replace all " with ' (hopefully the chosen text editor has a search and replace function. If there's any team-names that originally contained ", go back and change those. Copy into Team Bio (remember to comment out appropriate linebreaks).

* with some browsers you can also select part of the page, and look at it's source, saves you abit time as the entire page-source can look messy.
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yea, that's exactly what I want! I'd done the source page part, but didn't realize " and ' were so different (I may have a crazy team bio, but I'm still a noob with html.) Thanks!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

WindexChugger wrote:
yea, that's exactly what I want! I'd done the source page part, but didn't realize " and ' were so different (I may have a crazy team bio, but I'm still a noob with html.) Thanks!

Usually it doesn't matter if you use " or ', but FUMBBL doesn't want " some places for some reason.
 Jump to: