10 coaches online • Server time: 06:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Can I jump over an e...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!
I'd like to be able to setup a standalone tourney with custom (non lrb) teams.
What would I have to do to make it work?

Thx

SL
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

An Excel-sheet with your team...

EDIT: Like this: http://www.fumbbl.com/teams/MelloJello.html

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Create custom HTML rosters. Play your matches. You cant upload the results of course. Those had to be handled manually.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx that would work for one off games but harder for a tourney with progression. I guess I could just edit postgame manually though.
Im kind of hoping it could be set up as a real progressing tourney.
So Im guessing that would require some kind of database with teams kind of like a tiny fumbbl? Confused

SL
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

there was a java software for that but i cant remember its name

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Do it like you would with a Table Top league with an online front-end. Make roster (there are some roster making tools out there), play games using stand alone mode of the JavaBBowl client. Edit your team post-game. And post your results (and updated team) somewhere online, where everyone in your league has access to see and edit/upload their teams.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah thats probably the easiest way to do it, thx.
Had been cool to do it the real way though and perhaps I'd learn something from it! Wink

SL
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2010 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm ok modified a saved fumbbl team and changed players and all names.
Oddly now despite all changes the old team name shows up when using the team and the dont have any rerolls! Crying or Very sad
I've deleated all of the old versions of the team no change.
Any clue?

SL
dogstar

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

is it possible to develop individual players in the stand alone game i.e build their exp points and skills.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes,
the client rolls your skill and ageing rolls for you whenever a player gets a new skill-level. You can find these dice-results in the roster.html that's part of the result files.
Then you edit the player in the html in such a way that it fits the above results (concerning aging results and/or skills).

Similar, you have to delete players with the injury "d" by hand. Else you will start with a dead player in your dug-out.

Oh, and you have to recalculate the teams value along the old rules and edit it yourself.

There were some nice editors out there, which helped quite a lot.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Use a proper javabowl html editor. I've played around with a few and the one I'm using is scribe. It's but doesn't let me keep track of stats or add pics. I also have teamedit, which allows more but isn't as easy to work with. I recently refound the good one on soapyfrog, but now I'm way into my own little custom universe it's not worth me changing.
dogstar

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

so once i have played a stand alone game using say reikland against orcland how do i then adjust my throwers player stats in line with sp he has earnt during a game does it just give you the option to save as an updated team and give you the option to add skills when you have enough points as with the onlin version on here. please message me and please explain to me any extra downloads i need to do this and where i get the downloads from etc... i think the software i'm running is javabowl 8.8 or 8.9 whatever it is that runs with fummbl other than that i havent downloaded anything to go with it. please treat me like a complete computer novice/idiot. thanks.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The javabowl editors basically remove the html coding work. So it's like a workable team sheet, you just add what is needed, pretty much like working with a pencil and paper. Once you save them add them to your team in the javabowl folder and work your league out on something like excel. When the teams due to play again just load that team. You can also send them as a zip, so can be sent from computer to computer and play on a proxy.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2011 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I've sent you a link to AddoPaddo's AllstarTeamEditor, just unpack it and use it - it is quite self explaining
For the tournament, just use an excel-sheet (or open office, or whatever is your liking) like harvestmouse just said!
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2011 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

the halfling scribes spreadsheet is good for keeping track of the teams and results, it also automatically works out top teams/players stats for different things too.

Here

it also links the older versions too.
 Jump to: