58 coaches online • Server time: 20:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CitizenD

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2010 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I have two issues when I try to play:

The first: For some reason, Some (not all) casualties would NOT be removed from the board. In my game to guys got whacked but they stayed on the field as perfectly healthy players.

The Second: When I try to kickoff... I kick off over and over and over and over.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you in advance
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2010 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Many people (myself included) successfully run this client under Linux. I haven't heard of the problems you describe. Are you sure you have installed the client correctly? I will send you a private message with details on how to do this.

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2010 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, make sure you use the Sun JDK rather than the open source one.

Oscar Wilde
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2010 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

you mean Sun JRE, right?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2010 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

funnyfingers wrote:
you mean Sun JRE, right?

JDK (Java Development Kit) includes JRE (Java Runtime Environment). So you are both right.
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2010 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, yeah just install the Sun JRE like Shraaaag said. The JDK is only needed if you want to program in Java yourself.

Oscar Wilde
Hofmeister

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2010 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I've successfully run the client on Ubuntu 8.04 through 9.10. I've had problems occasionally, but not the ones you've described.

Read my friend's blog about sport, it's good: Sporting Eye
CitizenD

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The client is properly installed yet it refuses to work. If I try to play in the stand alone mode I get the error message that a file is missing. However if I run it from root it works. If I run it from the server against an opponent I get the never ending kickoff bug.
I tried chowning the file and that does not seem to have helped the problem either. I think it may have something to do with the way the client plugs in as server or client.

Any Ideas?
Dakkon12

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The only problem i got under linux is, that i cant access the options while playing, like save/load setup and sync/concede options. All else works for me.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Dakkon12 wrote:
The only problem i got under linux is, that i cant access the options while playing, like save/load setup and sync/concede options. All else works for me.

Same for me. Did you know that you can sync by typing /sync in the chat?
peikko

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Dakkon12"]The only problem i got under linux is, that i cant access the options while playing, like save/load setup and sync/concede options. All else works for me.[/quote

Check the readme-file that comes with client, there is key-shortcuts to open those menus.]
ultwe

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

CitizenD wrote:
The client is properly installed yet it refuses to work. If I try to play in the stand alone mode I get the error message that a file is missing. However if I run it from root it works. If I run it from the server against an opponent I get the never ending kickoff bug.
I tried chowning the file and that does not seem to have helped the problem either. I think it may have something to do with the way the client plugs in as server or client.

Any Ideas?

Hi

please post the exact error message you receive. and make sure you are using the sun JRE (in a terminal, type 'java -version' and post the output here)

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I am pretty sure the problem is that he didn't install the client correctly. He needs both the base AND the patch install, in that order. The install procedure is confusing, and it is very easy to just try and install the patch. The problems he mentions are quite specifically symptoms of this problem. I sent him a PM a while ago with exact download and install instructions.

Oscar Wilde
CitizenD

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

HEre is the error message: "The original splash image is corrupted, missing or changed. Replace the original splash image and restart."

That is the Java I am running.
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_16-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.2-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

THe client is properly installed.
peikko

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure your working directory is the one where you actually have the game jar
 Jump to: