41 coaches online • Server time: 15:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
degenerate

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2010 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/replay/JBBReplay.jnlp?game=2952514
I have tried to play a few bashy teams but being a newbie, I often advanced my ball carrier too early.
The most frustrating is ,however, the injury roll. I suffer 1 death per match. Any suggestions for this matter?
Tathar

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2010 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

- Be more careful of the sidelines. Try not to leave players in positions where they can be shoved off the pitch (auto-armour break, no apo on injury).

- Try to avoid leaving players next to mummies.
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2010 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You are choosing some not necessarily easy to use teams. Try Orcs or Humans is my advise - they are often recommended to beginners.
THEmaverick

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2010 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

OK a few things you were doing which could be improved.

1. you know you are playing against a team that is better at bashing than you, so why are you trying to go toe-to-toe with him?

solution - stay at least 1 square away where possible, if he has the ball suround him to limit his movement options and when he moves to you, push him away and repeat, this will either wear down his cage to nothing when you can then blitz the ball carrier and score yourself or he will run out of time to score

if you have the ball and are playing this type of team score quickly, unless it is really safe not to, at the end of the 1st half you were only a few squares away from scoring, if you'd have used your blitz action with that warrior he could have then scored, stalling is NOT always the best tactic

2. you were leaving your ball carrier isolated and vunerable

solution - protect your ball carrier at all costs if he gets hit and loses possesion of the ball then you won't win

3. how many times do you get pushed into the crowd?

solution - keep away from the edge as stated above

4. read the following info: http://fumbbl.com/help:NewbieTips

5. follow that advice, do all your unfailable actions first like moving or standing up players

6. start with teams that are more forgiving as mentioned by princevaliant humans and orcs are definately the place to start, these come free with the box game for a reason!!

7. if you can't beat 'em join 'em, if you can't win bashy teams either don't play them or play with a team which can take the bashing and even deal it back, dwarves are ideal for this, although a lot of coaches won't play vs them (as I found out to my peril)

Any questions, PM me

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2010 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok... I just watched to the end of the first turn now and I got already a lot of strong impressions about it.

First I thought you are being reckless for getting one on one but when I looked how you were doing to the end of this turn I noticed that you basically pushback handled all your opponent players except one leaving him in two tacklezones.
That was a splendid result. Nothing really to say about it from the bashing side.

Then the other thing is... the ballcarrier.... putting him unprotected on the side... in blitzing range of the opponent? wtf?... seriously... every single time you do that you gonna lose the game. And you did it in turn 1 oO..

More importantly... as long as you have the ball you controll the game,,, your opponent comes to you and you can fight him back and decide where the fight takes place on the pitch. You lose the ball and you have to go to him and to take a beating.

To be coninued when I've seen turn 2....

Up to turn 3
It gets much worse from here. You successfully recover the ball but then you have it and just stand there looking at like 4 opponent players next to you and do nothing.... kinda hoping it will turn out well. And it turns out well by some miracle. You are extremly lucky there. Now in the next turn you could do the not so smart thing and go close to the goalline... wich would make it quite difficult for the khems...... or you could put the ball into the safety outside the grasp of your opponents. And you pass... on a higher risk then scoring... but you actually pass to another player who is in not protected either... he is in range of a a mummy and several other players and gets knocked prone aswell... also you make him a foul target here

Turn 4-8
You keep lucking like only PeteW can do... Despite being unable to protect the ball at all you reject to score at all and continue stalling. eventually your opponent gets at you again and again and only by some miracle he isnt taking the ball from you and manages to score himself.
About stalling/scoring vs Khemri should be said: Of course it's in general better to stall, but it depends on a number of things... the slower your opponent the earlier you can risk to score. 2ndly... if you don't know, can't or won't protect the ball right every turn, don't stall if you want to win.. eventually you will have to do it anyways tho... stalling is not simple... it's an art and a difficult part of the game...

2nd half
Now you are in a much more unfavorable position then before. The second half has started, the opponent has the ball. He plays it right and there is little you can do. He knows he just has to play it safe now and he is going to win.
At first he smashes your frontline and your shortcoming in players doesn't help you in the fight this time. You get at him again but no blocks/pushbacks this time. Having strong mummies now pays off for him and he finally gets the advantage. This time he dominates the game... here is little you can do anymore... The game has been already lost after half 1...

On the one hand cas can be a sideefffect of playing unsafe... On the other hand races like Khemri tend to cause a lot of cas. Don't expect to get off easy in these games. Getting just one player injured is not always avoidable.
Also Chaos is a difficult race to play. They are rather fragile and start with very little skills or protection. At the beginning you will have a tough time to win at all with them and later you will just be bashing for your own survival.
 Jump to: