33 coaches online • Server time: 09:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Thanshin

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like any comment on my first game as I'm sure I made many mistakes that come from not seeing correctly who was up and who was prone (from now on I'll play with icons instead of images) but I'm also sure I also made general strategy mistakes.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2961143

I think I mostly won because of the lucky ogre suicide.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I could say much more about the playstile of your opponent then yours... There is no obvious mistake you did and you did win, wich is a better argument then any theoretical assumption...

The only negative aspect I could notice was that you failed to score in half 1 but wether or not you could have been faster is probably debateable...
the second half looks like a continuation of the first.... trouble in the same corner and this time you have just enough time to get the advantage and bring it home... well done!
Thanshin

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
but wether or not you could have been faster is probably debateable...

How can know the time taken by each player? I'd be very interested in that. Or you mean faster on terms of not letting some puny hunams stop my advance.

Thanks for the review.
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ogre Suicide had nothing to do with your victory in that game, I can easily say that if thatw as your first game then you sir are a natural Blood Bowler.

The fact that your opponant made so many bad moves also helped out alot, Who ever coached those Humans should be taking lessons in blood bowl from you.

The only thing I can say is that make sure you do all non vital moves first like standing players up and think carefully about possistioning and wether following up is necasarily the best thing to do after each block.

Other than that your good to go as is mate

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Be careful with your 1db's you threw 2 1dbs to start the game when you had 2db options on your LoS setup. Dorfs are very forgiving in their blocking as -2dbs is even an acceptable option with rerolls sometimes, but no reason to throw 1d when you can throw 2 and pick.
Thanshin

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

ryanfitz wrote:
Be careful with your 1db's you threw 2 1dbs to start the game when you had 2db options on your LoS setup. Dorfs are very forgiving in their blocking as -2dbs is even an acceptable option with rerolls sometimes, but no reason to throw 1d when you can throw 2 and pick.

Didn't see that. I'll try to find the possible second dice and find out how I missed them.

AAAAAAAAAHHH!

For frack's sake! I did start in the dumbest possible way.

Amazing.

I must say that at that precise moment my hands trembled with the adrenaline (yes, games can do that to me and I find it wonderful).

Thanks for pointing that out.

(oh... the shame... I shouldn't have post the game for review Embarassed )
asharak

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

One other thing I've noticed is on t2 when you blitz the ball free - it works, but with your setup a push was not enough. Try and make more rolls 'success' by positioning so that more outcomes achieve what you want - in this case your own player was moved into a square where he would prevent you clearing the ball on a pushback result.
Later on there are a few more times where you 1-dice block when two-dice were available, it takes a while to get used to and the pitch being so small on-screen will make it harder! All in all a well played game though. Playing against a new player who often blitzes with their big guy is always tough as the blitzes are so erratic. Generally against better coaches you'll seldom see this except in special circumstances.

Edit: And don't worry, even after lots of games mistakes still happen. My humans recently started a drive with one-die blocks cause I'm an idiot and can't count apparently.
Thanshin

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

asharak wrote:
Try and make more rolls 'success' by positioning so that more outcomes achieve what you want - in this case your own player was moved into a square where he would prevent you clearing the ball on a pushback result.

Buff... I see what you mean, but that would require calculationg all possible block results, from the possible attacking positions, and doing that before positioning the players that aren't the blocker nor even assistants.

It does seem a bit beyond my current skill.

asharak wrote:
Later on there are a few more times where you 1-dice block when two-dice were available, it takes a while to get used to and the pitch being so small on-screen will make it harder! All in all a well played game though. Playing against a new player who often blitzes with their big guy is always tough as the blitzes are so erratic. Generally against better coaches you'll seldom see this except in special circumstances.

Edit: And don't worry, even after lots of games mistakes still happen. My humans recently started a drive with one-die blocks cause I'm an idiot and can't count apparently.

Yes, the small pitch and the graphics were a pain. I just played my second game with icons (still same sized pitch, to see if I can play without changing resolution every time) and it went much better in the counting department.

Thank you very much for the review and comments.
Velsin

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm the newbye who played so bad. What advices you should give to me? Very Happy
 Jump to: