54 coaches online • Server time: 13:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2010 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I have started to post development updates in more-or-less regular intervals.

Those interested can just visit my blog.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2010 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

March 10th Update
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Will you be adding in functionality to allow less than 11 players on the pitch so leagues like BB7s can play? Or will that be done by the site?

Do you allow teams that cannot field 3 for the LOS to concede without penalty?

It is just a feature request but would it be possible to code in the smaller BB7s pitch with dual LOS?

Looking great so far!
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

and then Dungeon bowl? and how about world peace?....

I am joking, just wanted to bump the thread really Very Happy

great work so far, by all concerned.

oooh i just thought, how much more work is the Deathbowl variant? the 4 players on the cross pitch?... think that would come betwenn DB and world peace Very Happy
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldthink DB would be very hard to do. Especially the passing off walls bit! Not to mention the chest

Deathball would take days to play because players can decide if they want to assist or not so that would be nightmarish!

BB7s (and possibly beachbowl) needs a smaller pitch and ability to set up less than 11, as well as reducing the passing range by 1 (ala stunty). I can imagine that group admins will be able to set these things via the site, like disabling the purchase of RR as per Christers blog about fleshing out the league options

BB7s is an awesome league however

***Edit***
Just quoting Christers blog for those interestedin his vision for League

Quote:
League. Our division for player-run groups and tournaments. Currently in third place in terms of games played, this is a very important division to me. I have a number of improvements for this division high on my priority list. And to give you a carrot for taking the time to read this blog, I'll give you a little idea of what I'm planning to do. I want to add support for custom rosters, a way to allow groups to set up custom starting constraints (less than 11 players, variable treasury, free skill rolls), support for tournament prizes, and some improvements in communication abilities. As you can imagine, this is a pretty major undertaking and as such it will take a fairly considerable amount of time before this is in place (and it'll most likely be rolled out in small pieces). In terms of the division's position on the site, I want to give League a bit more space as I feel that it's been shadowed by our other main divisions. While the planned changes will undoubtedly create a lot of noise in terms of very small groups that go nowhere, the more successful groups and tournaments are a fantastic asset to the site, and I really want to promote these further.

Last edited by SnakeSanders on Mar 11, 2010 - 22:29; edited 1 time in total
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2010 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

all good points Smile

Skijunkie did do a (almost) working DB, but i am not sure if his code was released/any use, and i repeat i was joking Smile

Better move the idea closer to world peace then Very Happy

Edit : have you seen the rules for playing at sea (on a boat) in one of the BBmags?
Impaladan

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar, the client looks great so far...

As for adding the options for special league play, especially such as BB7s.... please don't forget to add options for us! The BB7s has recently adjusted to a clean-slate scoring format, added new tournaments, and even established a yearlong championship for an individual team and coach. To say it humbly, we're doing really good. Let's keep it rolling. Please don't forget about us.
nazgob

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

More BB7s spam.

I agree with everything that Impaladan and SnakeSanders have said, but I think that the most important thing is the ability to set up less than 11 players on the pitch at any one time. That would actually make our halfling/goblin teams viable Very Happy
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

So, we can still alphatest the new FFB client at the moment? I thought that had all stopped following the GW C&D incident ...

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
clarkin

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep up the great work guys
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

@JellyBelly: gametest has not been officially restarted yet, no. It will hopefully do so in the next couple of weeks, including uploading of results.

@SnakeSanders: options such as you describe (less than 11 players on the field, different pitch) are absolutely thinkable. BUT I need to get the client to work first satisfyingly in "normal" mode, then start to work in the more "exotic" options. I would think that get a working set of inducements for instance comes before adding bb7 features. In general I'm open to that, however.
nazgob

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

We love Kalimar!

Obviously the main client comes first, but anything that might give us our bb7s would be awesome!

We just don't want to be forgotten.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like they sure thinking about less then 11 player games. Read Christers blog!
maysrill

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
I would think that get a working set of inducements for instance comes before adding bb7 features. In general I'm open to that, however.

It would be pretty awesome to have a fully function set of cards for the inducements. Is that even viable?
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

@maysrill: I'll take it in steps. First set of inducements will be all that is not cards (Bloodweiser Babes, Halfling Chief cook, Wizards, Mercenarys, the works). We'll see how it goes from there. Some cards are not all that hard to implement, others are nigh impossible (or have a very very bad cost - benefit ratio, such as having 2 balls on the field).
 Jump to: