62 coaches online • Server time: 21:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only on that thinks that Ball and chains are way overpowered in stunty???

I think having access to general skills on a 6 ST unblockable guy is just overpowering in this league.
Wallace

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Not true. Fanatics do not have general access. Anyone who has played with or against them knows that they are not overpowered.

Pump wagons do have general access and are very scary. However the snotling roster as a whole is balanced, as I'm sure most people who play with or against them a reasonable amount would agree. You can't isolate a single player and decide whether or not they are too good. Look at what is around them as well.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Pump Wagons were supposed to lose gen acess but for some reason it hasn't been fixed yet.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

In general I agree that you cannot single out an individual player and say anything. However Pumpwagons having access to general skills(block when most players need a double for it, and tackle which kills the biggest skill of most players in the league) on a normal roll I think is way overpowering. A 6ST guy in stunty is huge, but one that gets a ton of chances to hit people and ignores assists and cannot get blocked is insanly powerful. Without access to general skills, pump wagons would still be a powerful force, just not as insane as they are at present.
Dreddolo

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

you have always to move them first
if you roll a 1 after the move, you suffer a turnover....
they can die every turn, they are not reliable, you have to roll a double to pick block as skill...
just not overpowered in my opinion

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

first you need to differ between ball & chain and pump wagins (HUGE difference)

Second, assuming you bring only 1 pump wagon on the field at one trime, and assuming that you ALLWAYS have rerolls to spare, your main pump wagon will live on average 4½ game, bringing both on at the same time will lower that number significantly, of course you´ll also get thrown out, cause turnovers etc....
I dont think theyre that powerfull, even if they are good. (looking at snots however, they need something good to keep them alive Smile)
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

They have no tackle zone, so them having Tackle only helps when hitting stunties (a marked advantage still but they don't "kill the biggest skill of most players"). You can't contorl their movement much... They're strong but not amazing. And they cause more turn-overs than all other Big Guys combined.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup!
I had a Fanatic that lived 10games, then in my next game both of them died.
Lorion

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ball and chain... is just plain good old fashion fun. Unreliable but extreemly potent. Making them IMO one of the best things in stunty. Great mayhem factor.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ball and chain rocks - Pumps are evil
 Jump to: