49 coaches online • Server time: 11:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It is really easy to end the action of a player instead of selecting GFI. Especially when you are blitzing and need to GFI to hit your target.

So I would like to suggest an option that you have to confirm the end of an action. Or when a player runs out of movement, switch to GFI mode right away.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like the GFI to be like dodges... that when your move is out, it shows a 2+ square which you would have to click. No need to go into GFI-mode.
I am not that keen on having to confirm 11 more things each round.
skeletor

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Have too go whit Lakrillo on this one
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
I would like the GFI to be like dodges... that when your move is out, it shows a 2+ square which you would have to click. No need to go into GFI-mode.

I like this solution. This is how it's implemented in Cyanide's client, and it's one of the things that work well. Having to click your player each time to select gfi mode is a bit laborious. At least, having the possibility to select gfi mode just by pressing "g" would be appreciated.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I'd like to make it easier to end a player's action, not harder. I got really spoiled by SkiJunkie's client's ever-so-convenient tilda to end action. I am not a fan of the submenu way of doing it, since you have to click on the already-active player. You should also not have to re-select the currently active player to GFI; it should just be a hotkey.

More hotkeys > clicking on players again. (I've also had some issues with keypad movement not working)

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I loved the way ski junkies client worked, can we not just have abox with the commands in and click on the player to end turn. Like ski junkies client.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:

i vote for this one (remember 3+ in blizzard though)
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Acknowledged. I like this suggestion and will likely incorporate it in the next version.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2010 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Tried the new GFI method and have to say i love it. Makes game much more fluent.
Ebenezer

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2010 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
Tried the new GFI method and have to say i love it. Makes game much more fluent.

+1, much much better now
 Jump to: