23 coaches online • Server time: 01:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Kalimar wrote:
*Humpf* just shows that I know nothing about that other game really, sorry. Although I believe that I've read somewhere that the new version won't allow any modding.

Yuu can reskin, and there is some modding possible, but only for single player games.

LOL and who's the fool who plays multiplayer with that travesty of a system when Fumbbl is state of the art stuff?

GO KALIMAR!

Of course I only play in single player campaign. I'm just a 3d whore Very Happy
(Which goes to say that I'm ok with spending some euros just to have my eyes happy. Which goes to say, again, that Kalimar just has to ask to have me donate some hard earned money of mine Very Happy)

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Will there be an option to use your own custom icons but the default icons for your opponent? I tend to have custom icons for DPs, stat increased players, and mutants, but I don't necessarily want to have to see my opponent's icons as well. If they are nice and help differentiate his players, I'd certainly have them on, but if he uses a system I find confusing, I'd like the option to go back to vanilla. By the same token, I don't want to have to use default options for my own players just because I find my current opponent's players confusing.

Side Note: I have a +ST+ST beastman that I use a minotaur for as the base icon (it's got big hand too, which is represented in the icon). Would people feel that would confusing? The only major differences between that beast and a mino are WA and Frenzy.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Will there be an option to use your own custom icons but the default icons for your opponent? I tend to have custom icons for DPs, stat increased players, and mutants, but I don't necessarily want to have to see my opponent's icons as well. If they are nice and help differentiate his players, I'd certainly have them on, but if he uses a system I find confusing, I'd like the option to go back to vanilla. By the same token, I don't want to have to use default options for my own players just because I find my current opponent's players confusing.

Side Note: I have a +ST+ST beastman that I use a minotaur for as the base icon (it's got big hand too, which is represented in the icon). Would people feel that would confusing? The only major differences between that beast and a mino are WA and Frenzy.

That's why we need guidelines. As an "approver" I'd call you a cheater for using a Mino icon on a beastman... but then again, it *does* make sense.

I mean, not suitable for work images have rules for their approval on the site, and we can stick to those. But custom icons can become a slippery slope because they can both make sense AND be misleading. Hard to judge. :-/

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of differentiating the icons between yours and your opponents.

I wouldn't have an issue with you beastman/mino icon as it represents the ST and BH. It would be more sinister leaving him as a default icon to lure in unsuspecting players who don't notice his ST.
MxFr

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the most sinister icon option would a fully transparent icon, that would be quite a good choice to prey on unexperienced coaches. Especially if you start to blame the client or syncing problems when the prey raises the issue.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

There are 4 options now in the User Settings->Icons Menu:
1) Team icons
2) Roster icons (Opponent)
3) Roster icons (Both)
4) Abstract icons.
You'll see that in the next version.
 Jump to: