35 coaches online • Server time: 14:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 10:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

After quite some time without a functioning bug management system, I have finally gotten around to implementing a new one.

The system is far from being as complex and daunting as the Bugzilla system we used before. My hope is that this new system will be easier to use for everyone and therefore I hope it will be used more.

At the moment, the system supports submitting bugs both for FUMBBL and for Kalimar's FFB client.

Check it out at: http://fumbbl.com/p/bugs, or use the Bug Reports link in the site navigation system.

Also note that there may be bugs and you will certainly come up with new features you'd like to see.

Let me know what you think.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Christer. This was really needed as the FFB bugs was starting to get out of hand.
Looking forward to try it out. Smile
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 10:27
FUMBBL Staff

Indeed, that was the major reason for me pushing this up on my priority list Smile
Ballcrusher

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea to make a better bug management system. So should we use this now for Kalimar's FFB client?

And if so, is it possible to search for keywords, so you quickly can find out if others already reported the same bug?
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work Chrster!

And I can understand why we needed one again...

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 10:34
FUMBBL Staff

There is no search functionality at the moment.. On the other hand, there aren't really that many bugs recorded yet so it's pretty easy to figure out if it's reported or not Razz
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

What should FFB bugs that are site-related be labeled as? Is that Fumbbl-bugs or is it Fantasy Football?
Could we have the bug-template as a prefilled template when selecting the Fantasy Football category? Or at maybe a button to include that template?
Ballcrusher

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, just to get it straight so we avoid double-posting of bugs: For now we should check both the bug forum and the new bug system?

I dont mind double-posting bugs, I just want to avoid Kalimar wasting his valuable time making this great new client.

Last edited by Ballcrusher on Jun 02, 2010 - 10:44; edited 1 time in total
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 10:44
FUMBBL Staff

Pick whichever you think suits best. The bug can be reassigned after it's been posted in case it's wrong.

I have been considering templates, which will likely be the next feature for the system. I just wanted to push it out fairly quickly to assist Kalimar with FFB bug tracking.. That forum is a nightmare to keep track of as it is now.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 10:45
FUMBBL Staff

Ballcrusher wrote:
Ok, just to get it straight so we avoid double-posting of bugs: For now we should check both the bug forum and the new bug system?

I dont mind double-posting bugs, I just want to avoid Kalimar wasting his valuable time making this great new client.

Without having talked to Kalimar, I'm going to assume that the idea will be that we migrate all existing bugs to the tracker and keep it all there.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

When you click preview on a new bug report the title you've entered disappears.

Ported one over from the forums: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=1

Looks great
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you want us users to help with that migrating or do you expect to have some automatic feature for it?
I wouldn't mind trying to migrate some bugs this evening when coming back from work, but if you plan to do it for them all, then that would result in double-posts.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 11:23
FUMBBL Staff

There's no easy way to do it automatically I'm afraid. Looking into the disappearing title.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 11:27
FUMBBL Staff

There, fixed the title setting, and also fixed a related issue where the project got reset when you previewed.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
Do you want us users to help with that migrating or do you expect to have some automatic feature for it?
I wouldn't mind trying to migrate some bugs this evening when coming back from work, but if you plan to do it for them all, then that would result in double-posts.

You can directly copy and paste your original code with the [ tags ] so it's very easy (click edit on your forum post)
 Jump to: