40 coaches online • Server time: 00:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rat_Tail

Post   Posted: May 16, 2010 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

hey there, this is Rat Tail. i'm a completely new blood bowl palyer. i was told by a friend to come here to play online. though i don't know how to get started... all i do know is that i want to learn more about the game and start a kickin' skaven team!
can someone help me out? it would be preferable if you know all the technical stuff, like what i need to download and so fourth. so perhaps a moderator or a real veteran of this game?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 16, 2010 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You should get in contact with Synn, or read this

http://fumbbl.com/help:
Ancre

Post   Posted: May 16, 2010 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you like to read, this section of the forum is useful to know, especially the stickies.

You'll need to download the client, but due to law issues with GW, it's not possible to get it on the forum. Ask on the chat or maybe someone will send it to you via pm.

You'll also need the rules,Fumbbl is currently running under the lrb4 rulebook (not the one you can download on the GW website), but fantastic people are working on moving Fumbbl onto the newest ruleset (the one you can download at GW under the name "competition rules pack" iirc, who's also known as lrb6) very soon ! You can get it by typing LRB4 on google I think, and otherwise you can probably ask on the chat too. I know the link is given in #fumbblacademy.

And more importantly, welcome on Fumbbl ! I hope you'll be having fun here Smile
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2010 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Might also be worth mentioning that Skaven are not a particularly easy team to start with.. but then I started with Vampirse so Very Happy

Better to play what you like but but be aware that Orcs are the roster that is usually recommended for learning.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2010 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Google for the java blood bowl client.

And dont listen to Timlagor. Skaven are a much cooler team then orcs. Skavens might be a bit fragile, so don't get to attached to your players.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2010 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i would recommend you to start playing directly with the new client. It is still in beta phase but it works quite good.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2010 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

All the above is good advice, plus get irc, makes life easier.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2010 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes IRC is a must IMO, I recommed using firefox as your browser and downloading the chatzilla add on

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2010 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been around here a couple years just using the IRC java applet under the Community>Chat link at the top of the FUMBBL page. It's perfectly serviceable if you don't want to trouble yourself downloading a separate IRC client.

Play any team you want to start out with. I'd recommend against a few frustrating races: goblins, halflings, vampires, ogres. They have weaknesses that make them challenging to play, and very hard to win with if you're not experienced. Skaven however are a fine choice, just keep that farm-boy mentality though (i.e. Don't get too attached to the animals, they're going to die soon anyway).

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Resarf

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2010 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd add Lizards to the poor starting choices.
 Jump to: