62 coaches online • Server time: 23:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ug

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I want a tournament where I play against people in my timezone (and where people don't drop oot Wink
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to play in alot more tournaments/leagues with people able to get there matches played!!!!!!!!!!! i have played in quite a few tourneys but lots of them (more then half) has been terminated due to people not playing there matches.

What ever tournaments your thinking of joining, makes sure you have the time and energy to actually play your matches inside the given deadline, and if something comes up let the admins of the given tournament know in good time so they have a chance to fix the situation.

mymLaban Mr. Green
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

games not done, guys are kicked out. that's a good way to keep it alive.
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
games not done, guys are kicked out. that's a good way to keep it alive.

hmm sometimes if you just kick em out, some teams could end up having played more matches then other teams making it unfair for the teams with fewer matches.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as it lets me slaughter elves with undead count me in. Never really interested in them before. Now i'm fixated with zombies...

Think I need help Image Image Image

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

we know INQ you do......Its taken you this long to realise the merits of corpses =]
how sad you are Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I would suggest an undead league. Shame the free zombies are a bit unappealing though...

I want to kill something impressive. Image

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2004 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus true master of the smiles !!!!
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2004 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to me, ...why the hell i told him where to look?
*sigh*

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2004 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well since the girly mod dosent actually work we still get to see boobies. Image
There ya see I'm providing an important public service.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2004 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It does work.....Others can see it, its your stupid browser. i Uploaded it AGAIN. I see it and so do others godamit/.....

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2004 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well firefox, internet explorer and netscape all deny its existence. I think your losing the plot too...

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2004 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

i cannot see her anymore Sad and im using internet explorer, atm im at work and i cant see it here either Sad i miss her
chunky04

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2004 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My two favourite tourneys are SWL and Cuthroat League.

SWL has a very good participation rate, is a pretty big group with a lot of good players, and most importantly, there's rarely much of the petulance and attitudes about styles of play in it. Means people are free to maim, be maimed, one turn etc as much as they want. It's like a tabletop league on fumbbl. It also has all the things quota mentioned above. And it's in my timezone, which being in Australia makes it very difficult with many of the tourneys.

Cutthroat is a very cool idea IMO, and the nature of the league allows even the worst team to come back eventually (well, I bloody well hope it does given my teams injury struggles). Though the Swiss drawer thing seems to hate my team. If there's a choice between Dwarfs and something else, I'll get the dwarfs, even when I lose and they win in round 1 it seems, which could explain those injury problems. Only problem is it's an international league, which can make getting the games done a hassle sometimes, but with two weeks per game it's doable.

I'm also in Overlord League, and it will be interesting to see how that goes. It's a shame Stable League didn't make it very far. I also think 4 v 4 is an abomination. I also tend to dislike leagues where certain styles of play are encouraged/discouraged, or that aren't open to many races. Being able to pick a team I want is a big bonus, but not always necessary if the other criteria are met. Set draw or swiss is definitely needed, open is the suck.

A huge factor is the enthusiasm of the coaches in the league. A lot of the success of SWL is due to a group of players who will do a lot of fluff for their teams and the league in general, which can results in some good stories, and a team of underachieving choking primadonnas somehow becoming one of the most popular teams in the league Wink