46 coaches online • Server time: 11:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2004 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite skaven team (coincidentally my most successful) started out:

4 GR
2 SV
RO
1 Thrower
3 Linerats
1 RR
8 or 9 FF

Now, I got lucky on cas with my RO to get him block after the first game, but otherwise I exclusively used my gutter's for scoring until they were all blodgers (I think it took only 2 or 3 games for the 4 of them), then they played mostly support rolls until I got each of my linerats their first skill. I then let the gutters all advance another skill level (usually strip ball or sidestep), then support all the linerats to get their second skill. For the third skill and on, the linerats/sv's will have to rely on cas/mvp awards, unless they get close to their next skill, then I'll work on letting them score/pass. But now I let my gr's do what they do best--take the ball away from the enemy to give to my guys to score.

Sure, it was rather tough at first with only a single rr, but that's also part of the fluff of my team--that they're all just kids being coached by a retired gutter from one of my retired skaven teams. As they got more sure of themselves, they started to pick up not only skills but confidence (read more rr's). It's partly this fluff that makes the team enjoyable for me to play.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

the good thing about having the rat ogre from start is:

1) ur los is stronger

2) later big guys without skills will develope very slow - and really cost turnovers. Due to the opponents big guys have block and perhaps even more skills

Imo are throwers not needed in the start of a skaven team - if u have 2-3 gutters.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

Ok just thought I would put this one out there as I have had much sucess recently with RO's in the starting line up (after some great advice from some of the TBB lads!)

Your very first line up sounds good to me but I would change just one thing swap a lino and two points of FF for a thrower. I would use the thrower to recieve and one GR as link up, the others forward for scoring. (btw have u read narkotics skaven guide on TBB?)
But the main reason for this post was to say you can get block one an RO from the start in 1 most likely 2 games! But don't us him on the LOS!!! Its much better to leave 3 sacrificial lino's on the LOS and use the RO to blitz into the ball carrier / path of. With prehensile tail and ball carriers usually being soft this is how to craft a monster who will be with you for some time! Most teams can field an LOS that will crush one RO easily some even from the start! Use him as a defence from hell!

Cheers.
cyric612

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I start skaven teams one of two ways
1 Ro
2 sv
1 thrower
1 gr
6 linerats
apoth
2 rr
7 ff (not sure about the ff think it comes out to 7 left

Or
2 Sv
1 thrower
1 gr
7 linerats
9ff
3 rr
apoth

Either way I find it works well Just have to try and get the second gutter runner as soon as possible for either team. I find with skaven that I need to start with an apopth but maybe thats just me. I personally like to get the rat ogre early on as it's much easier to advance him againgst newer teams and he gives the team alittle muscle. He is going to be a turnover machince early on in his career no matter when you start him so I like to start him early and just use him towards the end of turns when I have nothing important left to do.
Later
 Jump to: