61 coaches online • Server time: 23:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
... likelyhood of grandfathered teams in FFB also does not fill me with joy.

I think some kind of grandfathering system is essential to any future switchover. There will be enough uproar at the notion of no LRB 4 support on the site as it is without telling coaches that their teams will be wiped/frozen.

I know you have a higher turnover of teams than most coaches (I couldn't imagine retiring a time-honoured team like Skruffneks, for instance), but there are many who are very attached to their sides. Is keeping FFB pure worth losing the Hellfish, for example?

My hope was that all teams moved over, but were 'reset' to 1000 TV. I think even Jan was in favour of this.

I do not wish to lose the MIB for instance, but I have no issue with a player reset, after all teams lose players all the time.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, one question which wasn't asked was when we can expect FFB to go live, but I guess that's down to the timing for Kalimar getting the client to a state he is happy to call finished.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
By the way, one question which wasn't asked was when we can expect FFB to go live, but I guess that's down to the timing for Kalimar getting the client to a state he is happy to call finished.

I wouldn't expect an answer to be very precise until just before the release. Everyone involve does it as a hobby, with real jobs to concern themselves with. Setting a release date in advance is something even dedicated software companies struggle with, so while I'd love to know too, I don't think it's fair to expect that sort of info.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

For me the logical "switch over" is december/january. Birthday Launch of the new client?

It is right around the corner, in theory, so Iam no longer concerned about the timing of the new client and what is going to happen after Christers press statement in the GLN.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

please.. lets try to keep that a feedback thread about the aticle rather than ANOTHER thread about when to move what to move how to move to FFB

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

I wouldn't expect an answer to be very precise until just before the release. Everyone involve does it as a hobby, with real jobs to concern themselves with. Setting a release date in advance is something even dedicated software companies struggle with, so while I'd love to know too, I don't think it's fair to expect that sort of info.

I am not asking for an exact date, and I realise the work that is going into it. I even said above that it would be subject to when all the work could be finished. It would however be nice to know if people are thinking about January next year, or winter 2012.
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
For me the logical "switch over" is december/january. Birthday Launch of the new client?

It is right around the corner, in theory, so Iam no longer concerned about the timing of the new client and what is going to happen after Christers press statement in the GLN.

Just as all roads lead to Rome, so too do all threads lead to the RVBBFFB Merger/switch over... I'm just surprised there wasn't more about it in the GLN. Wink

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2010 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
PainState wrote:

Just as all roads lead to Rome, so too do all threads lead to the RVBBFFB Merger/switch over... I'm just surprised there wasn't more about it in the GLN. Wink

I say post OBBA season 10.
 Jump to: