42 coaches online • Server time: 20:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calthor

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the feedback thread for the Interview with Tom Anders. Leave your praise and discussion right here!

Last edited by Calthor on Aug 14, 2010 - 12:10; edited 2 times in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

what a golden nugget the GLN has produced with this article!

on his feelings on GW

Tom Anders wrote:
I think GW is a company that owns the rights to an incredible game that they don't deserve to own. They have no concept of how to develop fans or to nurture free advertising and fan support when there are so many companies out there that do it right (like Blizzard for example). I think GW is run by legal without any benefit of common sense from marketing tempering them. I think GW's business model is the gold standard for what not to do with a gaming company. They have profits and are publicly traded... Awesome for them... They sold their gamer souls to make it happen.

Big "They will never take our freedom!!"-factor from reading this.

seriously though: highlighted some of my own exact sentiments! excellent questions you posed there calthor.

ps: is Tom Anders Nuffle's son?
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Another good read, but he said his favourite races were Slann and Halflings. Halfings are one of mine too but only in lrb4, it makes me wonder why he completely ruined them in lrb5 to the point were they cannot longer compete at any tv, it just seems very strange is all and I wish that question had been put to him apartm from that the rest of the article was great.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Garion, got to disagree with you massively here.

Halflings have had several boosts in CRP, most small boosts but ogether they've moved the Flings from a definate teir 3 team to borderline tier 2, and definately the best stunty team out there. No loner on the trees is huge, cheap access to the chef and excellent value stars as well make them especially good at tournaments.

What is it ytou think has made them worse out of interest?

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a reason why halflings was nerfed in LRB5, and that was that it was widely known that Galak was a halfling fan. He did not want people to think that he gave his favorite team special benefits.
In the CRP they fixed some of that and now halflings can be really good with a good coach.

Back to topic, i really liked this article. Nice that Tom gets some recognition here instead of just the LRB4 fanboys throwing junk at him and all the work he have done for Blood bowl.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Cribbleobblepie wrote:
Sorry Garion, got to disagree with you massively here.
Halflings have had several boosts in CRP, most small boosts but ogether they've moved the Flings from a definate teir 3 team to borderline tier 2, and definately the best stunty team out there. No loner on the trees is huge, cheap access to the chef and excellent value stars as well make them especially good at tournaments.
What is it ytou think has made them worse out of interest?

The first thing that has made them worse is trees can no longer do long passes which makes the one turn touch down less likely because the throw is less likely to reach the distance required for the flings to reach the endzone. Fouling is also less effective than before which is a very important part of any stunty team’s game (although I do like the new skill sneaky git).
The chef is now terrible in comparison to his LRB4 incarnation and he was so useful in lrb4 and won me many games.
Now if you play with flings and both teams have a close TV the flings are at a big disadvantage. They can only really compete at all now if they are able to buy a lot of inducements.

Lakrillo wrote:
There is a reason why halflings was nerfed in LRB5, and that was that it was widely known that Galak was a halfling fan. He did not want people to think that he gave his favorite team special benefits.

I understand this but I'm sure they could have at least kept the chef as it was. He could not have been accused of making them better if he left them as they were.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2010 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Clearly Tom Anders is extremely passionate about Blood Bowl, but I can't help but think that the establishment's obsession with 'Balancing' a game that was in essence unbalanced has Ripped the heart from blood bowl. Everything that made this game great imo (H'caps/Cas's etc) has been sterilised.

without wanting to get shot to bits here, I would be happy to give further rationale behind my feelings if wanted, and I would quite enjoy the debate! I am always open to be proved wrong!

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2010 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Please don't start eveyone off again. Just give the new client 20 games at least then make your mind up. It is still BB and this site will still be the best thing on the internet by a million miles regardless of which rule set it uses.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2010 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I didnt comment on the client here. But 20 games sounds fair. For the record it was not my intention to start anyone off, I just wanted to express my opinion!

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2010 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

err, yeah garion - why bring up a blog post in the forum?

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2010 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent interview by GLN. Very interesting reading! 3 pows on 3 dice Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2010 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks Galak Smile
thanks for the work, for the PBeM (probably I learned to play a bit by that) and for all fast answers you always give

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2010 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Fab interview, well worth the read.
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What a great article. And another example that GW is run by accountants not gamers. Shame.

RC

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Does strong arm help with ttm in crp since its now a st skill?
Was thinking about the fling nerf Smile