28 coaches online • Server time: 02:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

the only time i have amanaged to get a game in this division was using a friends laptop. my own computer doesnt seem to load the client. i get to 0% intialising icaon and it just stays there i and a patient oponent waitied for over half an hour and no movement. any ideas what i can do im using XP and im using the lastest jave update jave has relased for JS2E runtime enviroment 5.0 update 2 and i have JAVA(TM)6 Update 21
howlett

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I have sometimes problems, when i don't shut my firewall off. Maybe this could help out.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Rather than shut your firewall off, just add fumbbl to the programs exception list in your firewall.

What is your firewall, Zone Alarm?

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Rather than shut your firewall off, just add fumbbl to the programs exception list in your firewall.

i have a mixture of antivir and comodo, and although i added it to the exception list, the firewall blocks the java application (with a three dice block (sometimes ffb is stunned, sometimes he's able to work)). so i have to turn it off to start the game, and turn it on again.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm that sounds pretty strange, I would recommned you get another firewall because you should never have to turn it off if it it is added to the exception list.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i am running win7x64. there are so many things that are strange Wink

but maybe shutting the firewall off could help the_cursed_one to play this awesome game.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Which version of comodo are you using? try uninstalling it and instaling comodo 64 bit - http://www.windows7download.com/win7-comodo-internet-security-64-bit-/weumvwto.html then re-add fumbbl to your exception list and you should be sorted.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I never had a single problem running this client in 64-bit windows 7 environment.

Just update your java frequently, and uninstall all your malwar.... err i mean antivirus/firewall software. You dont need it anyways.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I would personally always recommend a 3rd party firewall, because windows firewall is not great(it fails the leak test), but if you do just go with windows firewall you should at the least get some spyware protection. Search and destroy etc...
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion your own brain is 100 times more effective in keeping your computer clean than any 3rd party program. I run the windows firewall, and then i run malwarebytes now and then, to see if i have any junk. I never do.
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 13:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Most people have a router connected between their computer and the internet connection. The router will act as a hardware firewall and therefore there's no compelling reason to have a software one.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Most people have a router connected between their computer and the internet connection. The router will act as a hardware firewall and therefore there's no compelling reason to have a software one.

christer's words are pure wisdom
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

Amen
 Jump to: