31 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calcium

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
But what you fail to realise, and what has been demonstrated time and time again, is that Fumbbl is not a democracy. It is C's gig, and it will happen as he wishes it.

Im sure he appreciates our input though Pythrr....

shraaaag wrote:
I probably would play it more if I knew I could keep the teams, it's such a big improvement to the old client.

Absolutely spot on. I think there are a more than a few coaches that are holding back playing FFB regularly over this issue. I know I am.....thankfully we will know one way or the other soon enough!

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
No please save blackbox for when the "testing" is over. I want a fresh box Smile

No reason we can't have a Blackbox for testing now, that gets reset for go live later!
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we have any idea of month or year this change over will happen yet?

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Carnis wrote:
yep, although considering this is the 4th or 5th thread asking for it not to happen, I'd be surprised if it happened any time soon. Meanwhile, can we just not post a new thread about it weekly and accept that big C has decided not to issue a statement about it anytime soon Wink?

There could be 100 threads.

But what you fail to realise, and what has been demonstrated time and time again, is that Fumbbl is not a democracy. It is C's gig, and it will happen as he wishes it.

Where in my post did I demonstrate failure to realize that fumbbl is not a democracy?

I agree there could be 100 threads, I'd be happier with 0-1, though.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

fangbanger wrote:

Just to guess- I would think the original go live date penciled in was fumbbls next birthday, but I can't see it being ready by then, not if they want to include all the cards too.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
fangbanger wrote:

Just to guess- I would think the original go live date penciled in was fumbbls next birthday, but I can't see it being ready by then, not if they want to include all the cards too.

C said that most likely the current FUMBBL cup will be the last major in LRB4. So his timing was to do the change by January, I guess. Obviously, cards will come later.
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What are cards? What cards are coming later?

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

cards are an alternative inducement system, like it was in the 3rd edition i believe. You can decide to take cards from several decks by paying the corresponding price, and the card gives you some random in-game event to play. Check the rulebook for more details Wink

None is implemented yet afaik, but i belive Kalimar plans to add (most of) them to the client at some point.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I remember the cards that was 3rd edition I didn't know they were talking about implementing them, hmmm. That would put an interesting twist to the inducements. Thanks for the answers, that's good to know. More good stuff for the new client!

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2010 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The optional cards is good reading. They're all described in the official CRP.