36 coaches online • Server time: 16:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
celas

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2004 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. Although my team is higher rated than many, we should keep the handicaps. 4v4 has a greater luck component and generally more risky moves than full team games. Therefore, I think you keep all aspects of luck in the game. Besides, would you reload if on the first play of a game you had a PI that resulted in two BH and reduced you to 2 or less players before a single player was removed? Incidentally, on my own 4v4 league, I had two PI's against me in the same game that affected all four of my players (i.e., stunned or worse whcih means no moves for 2 turns). But I played on. Because it's a game. With luck involved.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2004 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree that we should keep the powerful handicaps.

Except one: I am the greatest

Why you ask? Because it potentially causes the game to lock.
If you get a KO or a cas on one of the guys that weren't hit, you won't be able to continue at next kick off.
celas

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2004 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

did Mazzix ever decide to make this a 16 team KO tourney? Even though I have 33 opponents left, I am having a hard time finding a game as of late. Anyway, I would hate to play 17 games and do fairly well and then miss the tourney because many people are not showing up.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep the handicaps, just casting my vote.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I also agree the handicaps should stay. If with "I am the greatest" the game locks because 2 men are BH,
1 you've set up on the LOS, and the other it wont let you place because of the handicap... essentially your
team cannot continue, because it has been beat into submission. You should re-load from an earlier saved
point, and the coach that was unable to continue, should forfeit.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nehver wrote:
I also agree the handicaps should stay. If with "I am the greatest" the game locks because 2 men are BH,
1 you've set up on the LOS, and the other it wont let you place because of the handicap... essentially your
team cannot continue, because it has been beat into submission. You should re-load from an earlier saved
point, and the coach that was unable to continue, should forfeit.

Er, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree here.

What about when one player who is not the Greatest get's KO'ed? If he doesn't come back for the next kickoff, the game will be stuck. The poor coach should have to forfeit becuase he was 'beaten into submission' by a single KO? I've seen an exceptionally luck skaven gutter runner score all by his lonesome. And keep in mind conceding can cause all players over 51 SPP to leave...so becuase of what is essentially a programming glitch someone's team could be permanently cut in half due to a handicap roll...
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2004 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is a thread regarding a tourney, but is there enough teams of 4v4 out there just for open play? My schedule is chaotic when I can play--I play quite a lot during the week, but usually at different times throughout the day--and I would find it enjoyable to play a 4v4 format, regardless of any tournament results. Quick games for those times I can't spend one to two hours playing with one of my normal teams. Are there others out there who play 4v4 just for the heck of it, or are they all tourney matches? And if so, is there any space for new applicants? The last submission on this thread is more than a month old...

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2004 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Very simple, for those who want to play in a league, go play with mazzix, the rest should join the 4vs4IT group,
wich is made for the Instant Tournaments. With about 20 tournaments being played a day, there should be plenty of action for most people...

Join the fun at #4vs4IT
<a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1571" target="_blank" class="postlink">The 4vs4IT Group</a>
 Jump to: