58 coaches online • Server time: 16:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BBMatt

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I signed up and created a team (ranked...I hope this was the right option!) so that I could just play my brother online. He has a team ready to go as well.

We were wondering if there is a way to save games that are in progress? We would find it very helpful if we could play a quarter of a game at a time due to our different time schedules.

Thanks,

Matt
Kryten

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 07:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

BBMatt: If you're going to be playing a bunch of games with your brother, please make sure to take that to the League division. In Ranked, we expect that coaches will play a broad variety of opponents. You could be punished for playing too often against the same coach in Ranked. http://fumbbl.com/help:ranked

Regarding saving games, yes - if you play to the end of a turn, you'll see a Game Saved message in the log. At that point, you could both close the client, and the saved game files would be on your computers. Later, you could reload those saved games like this:

http://fumbbl.com/help:SaveGames

That being said, it's unusual to want that option. Most coaches play a complete game in between 60 and 90 minutes or so.
BBMatt

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Kryten. It's much appreciated. We'll make our teams again in the right league. Is the Fantasy Football league for the beta client? Should we just avoid that for now?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

No, League is an own division. It supports any kind of private Leagues in LRB4 and is the division that gives you the biggest amount of freedom.

It is also possible for you to choose the beta of the new client. The LRB4 division is called "|L|eague" the new division is called FFB. It is in fact a very good choice to play games in, since the client is almost complete.

Since FFB is in beta phase it is right now allowed for you to play games there in any way you desire. There is however a downside to it.
Your play there will be for testing purposes and your teams will be deleted, when the client gets official in a few month.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

BBMatt no need to remake your teams.
Ranked teams can be transferred to league. Bottom of page of team sheet

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

FMSTAN wrote:

Great! Thanks.

Is there a way to play friendly games where nothing is saved at the end (i.e. no player development, no deaths, no change in money etc)? We'd like to have a couple of practice games to get used to the new rule set before we start being more competetive!
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

BBMatt wrote:
FMSTAN wrote:

Great! Thanks.

Is there a way to play friendly games where nothing is saved at the end (i.e. no player development, no deaths, no change in money etc)? We'd like to have a couple of practice games to get used to the new rule set before we start being more competetive!

Just use the client (if you are using SkiJunkie's one) in Stand Alone mode from one computer.

Oscar Wilde
BBMatt

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2010 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Given that we will only be playing each other, is there much point in having a high fan factor? I went for 9, given that I heard it was helpful, but he has gone for just 1. Will he get good gate money due to my FF but also have a better team because of the extra money spent on players?

Should I just have fan factor 1 if I know I'm only going to play my brother with his FF1 team, or should I pursaude him to raise his so that we are contributing equally to the total FF? ...or are the non financial benefits of a high FF worth it anyway?

Thanks!
Kryten

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2010 - 01:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just foul the crap out of him when you get the ref.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2010 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
Just foul the crap out of him when you get the ref.

+7
BBMatt

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2010 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the fan factor worth the 1/18 chance of getting the ref? I read about the kick off and there are 8/36 possible dice rolls that will likely result in something favourable from having a much better fan factor. Assuming that we score 4 TDs in total each game (might be an overestimate!) then I would expect 8 kick off results influenced by fan factor over the course of 6 games. So just over one a game, and some of those may be right at the end of a half.

Is it worth it? I can remake a team easily enough, but if you think it will pay off then I'm more than happy to give it a go!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2010 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

cash - you needs it

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2010 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

High fan factor is worth it generally. In this case it is a bit odd though with him profiting from your FF and having a stronger team as well. GTR is VERY powerful and thrown rocks arn't bad but it will probably give him a small advantage. I'd probably stick with higher FF and try to get on of those linemen to 6 SPP at which point you get dirty player. Then if you do Get the Ref you can take a few chunks out of his team which should get rid of any extra players he has from saving that 80k on fanfactor Smile just remember not to be merciful!

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2010 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

And again dirty player is all the solution offered here
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2010 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

BBMatt wrote:
Given that we will only be playing each other, is there much point in having a high fan factor? I went for 9, given that I heard it was helpful, but he has gone for just 1. Will he get good gate money due to my FF but also have a better team because of the extra money spent on players?
Thanks!

If you are just playing one off games with no progression, then he probably has an advantage over you by taking 1 fan factor. I think most of the comments above mine miss the fact that you are talking about one off games, rather than progression.

PS: If you really want to win kick-off rolls, and know your opponent has a FF of 1, you could take an FF of 4-5 (instead of 9) and still win most rolls.

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: