67 coaches online • Server time: 22:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
morraywolfymax

Post 22 Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Heya folks,

Got my first team in LRB5/6 the Underworlders - 'Underhand Gitz'

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=634193

Not really played any bashy teams yet so can't really comment on that side but I'm just wondering if there is a tactic thread started yet? Or a suggestion thread.

I know they're probably considered a joke team, as most of the squad are pretty bleedin weak, so just wondered if anyone has any suggestions on progression?

Been rolling some nice skills, figured I'd go DP with the Skaven linemen, and get sneaky git with the gobos, that way I can atleast try and make it a bit more even numbers wise...

I feel like they're lacking a certain something though, they are quite fast! And the Storm Vermin make really nice blitzers, but when it comes to defending I could see them getting annhilated against a bashy team...But I suppose that's a given...

So essentially this is just the ramblings of mad man, but any ideas suggestions, skill progression etc, let me know...

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

They got alot of potensial. Don't underestimate a mutating goblin (horns, two-heads etc.. on normal rolls).

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

you can get some startup here, and add your experiences on this topic Smile

http://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18347&highlight=underworld

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The first skill I would give to my goblins is probably two heads, 2+ dodges everywhere are just amazing, then when they get big hands and extra arms they can dodge into any TZ on a 2+ pick up the ball on a 2+ and run away. Which is pretty amazing.
For your troll I would go for Claws next then tentacles or guard.

Your blitzers need to get MB, Claw, Po asap it is a truely horrible and destructive combo.

Also I wouldnt bother with snealy git until they have dirty player first.

Also if you get block on a goblin, horns is always a good 2nd skill to take.

On your throwers I'd go block then extra arms on both, then maybe two heads or accurate after that.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm nice one Garion, I didn't realise the two heads made dodging easier!

Not too convinced about horns as I need to blitz to get the +1STR and I tend to blitz with the Stormies, but spose it's a good alternative!

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I would consider Horns on one of the blitzers (or possibly a linerat with horns and wrestle).

Extra arms are great to have on a few players to have a versatile ball-fetching, hand-off and passing game. I prefer them to sure hands on players that can take them, because they are good for catching AND picking up, and a team re-roll can always be used on the failed rolls anyway. Further, strip ball is now a less common skill (since there are so many other skills to take in LRB5+).

Big hand + two heads seems like it could be great on a goblin to fetch a ball from the middle of a scrum.

Also, I noticed you took Stand Firm on one of your blitzers. I would suggest that there are far better skills to take first (with Guard at the top of the list), as Stand Firm no longer helps with dodging...

Oscar Wilde
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

morraywolfymax wrote:
Hmm nice one Garion, I didn't realise the two heads made dodging easier!

Not too convinced about horns as I need to blitz to get the +1STR and I tend to blitz with the Stormies, but spose it's a good alternative!

The Horns + Two heads combination is good for breaking cages (get into the box with a 2+ roll and get a decent chance at block the ballcarrier). If that goblin survives long enough to get a double, give it strip ball or block to make it more effective.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea I've learnt a lot of lessons quite quickly about the skill difference in LRB5/6.

Standfirm being my first mistake! (Sneaky git my second!)

Has throw team mate been implemented into this version yet? (If so how do I do it?)

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It has
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Right click your troll, choose TTM, and then left click the desired meal, um volunteer. The passing ruler should appear for you to choose where to deposit the goblin.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Right click? But with a mac?
clarkin

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

just click on him (same as picking move / block)
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can get wrestle on a goblins then giving him horns and two heads makes him great for getting 1 dice blocks on ball carrier that is in a cage if you roll both down then the ball is free, good times Smile then if you get really lucky and get another double on that goblin strip ball can be picked and you have an amazing player, however this is very unlikely because they dont tend to live that long and getting two doubles so quickly also doesnt happen much. But its a nice thought.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm really good food for thought!

I'll try and get more games in tonight to get some of those amazing cage destroying gobos!

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think sacrificing one of the skaven linemen to DP duty is not a bad idea, sneaky git + dp is not such a huge upgrade that it'd be worth skipping a block or wrestle on a mutating gobbo I think. The underworld are not all horrible, except vs dwarves.. But even there claw can help you if your trolls is luckier (=smarter) than mine Wink.
 Jump to: