31 coaches online • Server time: 12:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2008 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams might have won lots at a certain TS but recently hit a TS where their race dosent win lots and *just* qualified for the skill survey by being in the wrong bracket?

Maybe not an issue but I thought I'd point this out.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Pro511

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2008 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Freppa wrote:
Quote:
There's no point just including the teams which have played for the longest - having played for a long time doesn't necessarily make a team/coach (or their skill selections) good. It just shows they're persistent.

why oh why do you then use oldest as a criteria at all?

Because they have more players in the Past Players list. Not only that, their Past Players lists tend to display a consistent pattern. A team with just 10 games but a 10/0/0 record wouldn't be much help, would it?

Okay, I have a suggestion: how about ruling out teams with a win% of over 70%?

(This would mean, for example, tautology's Axiom replacing the Blood Falcons in the DE review.)

Edit: I think I'm going to go ahead with this modification.

Sorry for the half year bump up.

Pac, I've tried really hard to understand the logic behind the 70% cut off. There is clearly a minimum of 100 games (and the rest of the criteria seems to suggest several hundred.)

I'd love to know what skills the guy who's played 400 times and wins 85% of the time is picking. I was curious as to why he'd be excluded.

I also think that, with such a small sample size (sometimes as little as one team) it's easy for a quirk to get counted. For example, picking sprint for your orc thrower every time it's possible, wouldn't actually hurt your team all that much, nor would it lower the win % more than 10%. I wonder if there isn't a way to somehow include more data or teams.

Perhaps the real answer is that it's good enough. Heck, the LRB3 chart is usually good enough to talk me into choices. [Or whatever that chart that's stuck to the top of the forum is from...]

I think it's brilliant that you're doing this btw. Let me know if I can help.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2010 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, anyone feel like giving this a go for LRB 6? Very Happy
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2010 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, let the client first be ready, and wait for the new meta game to be determined. Right now it would be a waste of time.
 Jump to: