27 coaches online • Server time: 07:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bhayard

Post 9 Posted: Nov 06, 2010 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Good evening everybody!

Maybe someone can help me with a problem I had twice today with different opponents.

In the middle of a game (about 1h of progress) my respective opponent (Or was it me? Anyway it was his turn, so I suggest it was him) has lost his connection to the client. The game stopped and couldn't be continued.
He tried to re-connect - several times - but couldn't re-join.

Starting a new game worked without any problems.

Maybe someone can help me solving/avoiding (or even tell me that there are more guys sharing my kind of) problem.

Bhayard
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2010 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

First, make sure to update your Java to the latest Oracle/sun version.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2010 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to reload using the inc file on a new proxy - they can't just reconnect to the same game name.
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2010 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
You need to reload using the inc file on a new proxy - they can't just reconnect to the same game name.

I suspect that there's a reason he's posted this in the FFB forum...

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2010 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

And to reconnect to a running FFB-game, restart the client, fill your password and click open games and select the game.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2010 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I suspect this could have something to do with the recent serverside game-crashes, where turns get reset and both sides need to reconnect. Happened yesterday & I think 1-2 times today as well.
Bhayard

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2010 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you guys.

My Java should be the latest version as I just installed it when I joined fumbbl... Wink
Next time this happens to me I will try what you suggested.
Otherwise if it doesn't work either I will give a short feedback.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2010 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The source to the recent server-crashes is most hopefully found, Kalimar dug through the log-files from the server and they all pointed to the same error which happened during end-game when handing out the MVP.
There seemed to be a bug when the MVP went to a starplayer that caused the server to crash. Why it started to happen now and not before is strange though.
Bhayard

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2010 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way,

in my case it was latest by turn 2 or 3 of 2nd half that the failure occured.
Neiter of us had chosen a starplayer inducement.

Or did you want to say that my failure was induced by somebody else on the server to recieve the MVP with a starplayer at that time? Confused
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2010 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Bhayard wrote:

Or did you want to say that my failure was induced by somebody else on the server to recieve the MVP with a starplayer at that time? Confused

this
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2010 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
Bhayard wrote:

this

Exactly.

This will hopefully be fixed to the next version now that we have identified the problem.
The problem is that it is kind of hard to know for sure that is the thing that caused it.
If you experience a server-crash like that, can you please check if there was a game just reported by bowlbot to have ended in the ffb-channel? And if so, please link that game here to see if the MVP was handed to a starplayer or if there is something else that is happening.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2010 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
The source to the recent server-crashes is most hopefully found, Kalimar dug through the log-files from the server and they all pointed to the same error which happened during end-game when handing out the MVP.
There seemed to be a bug when the MVP went to a starplayer that caused the server to crash. Why it started to happen now and not before is strange though.

Possibly related to no-apoth on the Stars? The only thing I can think of related to the STar Player code changing relatively recently. (Just a WAG.)
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2010 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, i did the no apoth on the stars and that cannot affect the MVP-part at all as that was a check in the apoth-sequence to see if the player was marked as a star.

Kalimar found something strange about the stars though, as they didn't really belong to a specific team when getting the MVP.

It might be that people have just been more unlucky the last days and rolled the MVP on the stars.
Or there is something else going on here to...
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2010 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Bhayard could you change the title too losing please. Loosing means to loose something like a cowboy does. Losing means something is lost. Sorry about this it just bugs me a little Rolling Eyes