50 coaches online • Server time: 20:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2010 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the feedback thread for the Admin Corner.

Leave your praise and discussion of Christer's plans right here!

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update.

I'm sad that the FFB teams won't transfer, but please, please let LRB4 die. Please don't split Fumbbl.

Thanks again for all you do!
Emeyin

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well at least it's official. Good thing I didn't start any other new teams as I would like to re-use my FFB team names. They will be available again in the future which is good.

Also, "After the FUMBBL Cup has finished, the Blackbox division will be migrated to FFB." So if you still have FUMBBL Cup games get them played ASAP. You will make alot of the BBoxers very happy. Smile
RC

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Good, I hate my FBB teams anyway Smile
Now I get a chance to make new ones and .. better Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I am looking forward to FFB getting finalized and bug-free, I can honestly say I dread the day that there is an influx of lrb4 teams and a forced retirement of teams that us FFB players have grown to lover over the months. I honestly don't see why a retirement of existing FFB teams is necessary. Christer states that it is "necessary for a number of reasons" but doesn't actually name any of them.

Don't get me wrong, I am very impressed by the work of the admins, ranging from Christer's dedicated efforts to run fumbbl as a whole to the coders and the friendly admins on irc (well, for the most parts. There are some glaring exceptions but I figure this isn't the place for such rants). I just feel that if LRB4 teams are allowed to transfer, skills and all, then surely there is no harm in keeping the existing FFB teams around as well.

edit: Chances are if my FFB teams (the only ones I ever play/care about) are wiped I won't have it in me to start all over from scratch. I don't mean this as some sort of impotent threat about quitting - I know a single player quitting doesn't matter one jot in the grand scheme of things. I just mean that a lot of the current FFB players will feel really deflated about having their teams deleted, unless there are some concrete reasons shown as to why this is necessary.

Last edited by regn on Nov 14, 2010 - 19:17; edited 2 times in total
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I'm sad that the FFB teams won't transfer, but please, please let LRB4 die. Please don't split Fumbbl.

Thanks again for all you do!

[LRB4] will die very quickly due to a lack of players interested in participating.

Possibly worse than [F] in its last days.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

At least we know where we stand with the existing FFB teams. Onwards and upwards!

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

My beautiful Troll... no Sad

<turboraton> arghhh
maysrill

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I'm glad we'll be able to re-use the FFB team names at some point. I actually didn't want to create teams in the division mostly because I thought up themes I liked for the new races, and didn't want to lose the name when the division was wiped.

Interesting to hear that {B} is moving first, but the logic makes sense when you think about it from the perspective of the poor guy (Christer) overseeing the conversion process.

I don't mind the nebulous release date. I trust Kalimar/Christer's "sometime after FC, give or take a bit of debugging" over any date from Blizzard Entertainment Wink

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
zakatan

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

turboraton wrote:
My beautiful Troll... no Sad

make sure it gets killed before the transfer!
Roseph

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
At least we know where we stand with the existing FFB teams. Onwards and upwards!

This is the very reason we at GLN went to Christer directly and put it to him. We felt it was important to the site to get a definitive answer to this question so that everyone was informed
G.G. Gobberson
Editor in Chief
GLN
Carnis

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Crap decision, but most people will cope. It's guaranteed to push off some of the new blood, who only play on FFB now.
Flix

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

A part from the number of games, i think Fumbbl will missed a very great chance to merge Ranked and Blackbox into One.

I think it is not a problem of balance to have Box-, Ranked- and Tournement-Games with one team in one division. Make it easy and dont make two main divisions like we currenty have Blackbox and Ranked. We see many players love Tournaments and Blackbox, but they cant do it both with the same Team.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Flix wrote:
A part from the number of games, i think Fumbbl will missed a very great chance to merge Ranked and Blackbox into One.

I think it is not a problem of balance to have Box-, Ranked- and Tournement-Games with one team in one division. Make it easy and dont make two main divisions like we currenty have Blackbox and Ranked. We see many players love Tournaments and Blackbox, but they cant do it both with the same Team.

Nah, the separation is a good thing actually. I for one wouldn't want to play against customized teams, especially not in tournaments.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Flix wrote:

All we need is to allow [b ]ox teams to play in all [R] tournaments as in the latest Fumbbl Cup.

Last edited by koadah on Nov 14, 2010 - 20:47; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: