41 coaches online • Server time: 13:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Love you Boo. Smile I think Duke said it best there, and its probable fail to do R versus B again!
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I don’t see any reason why we can’t have both and keep everyone happy; especially if the new client brings the greater volume in games we seem to expect.

Well, I see one: splitting the player base. I think coach ranking should be completely removed from R and the major tournaments held purely in B. In fact, I really don't see the need for a ranked division separate from L. I think there should only be one competitive (open) division in FUMBBL, and ranked isn't it.
RC

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

smokingmonkee wrote:
I'm a tad confused on the retired thing with FFB. Does that mean the teams will be retired and we cannot use the team name or will the teams just be reset?

He says this "In order to give something back to the people who have been testing, the test-teams will have the ability to "resurrect" at a later stage. What this means is that the coaches will be able to create a new team with the same name in one of the active divisions."

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Why don't we just add a scheduler to the new FBB division and effectively merge [R] and [B].

At the moment [B] is pretty much dead so I'd say that proves most people want a choice in the coaches and teams they face. But having a way to get games quickly is popular so why can't we have both?

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
I don’t see any reason why we can’t have both and keep everyone happy; especially if the new client brings the greater volume in games we seem to expect.

Well, I see one: splitting the player base. I think coach ranking should be completely removed from R and the major tournaments held purely in B. In fact, I really don't see the need for a ranked division separate from L. I think there should only be one competitive (open) division in FUMBBL, and ranked isn't it.

Are you the guy afraid of splitting the user base?

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Huh?
strikereternal

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

RC wrote:
smokingmonkee wrote:
I'm a tad confused on the retired thing with FFB. Does that mean the teams will be retired and we cannot use the team name or will the teams just be reset?

He says this "In order to give something back to the people who have been testing, the test-teams will have the ability to "resurrect" at a later stage. What this means is that the coaches will be able to create a new team with the same name in one of the active divisions."

I'm wondering if the names will be bound to the coaches so that no one else can take that name, or if anyone can just take it?

edit: though this is pretty much a non issue and I don't really care about my team names, they aren't anything special or good

Last edited by strikereternal on Nov 14, 2010 - 22:09; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Why don't we just add a scheduler to the new FBB division and effectively merge [R] and [B].

At the moment [B] is pretty much dead so I'd say that proves most people want a choice in the coaches and teams they face. But having a way to get games quickly is popular so why can't we have both?

+1

for me it's the option that makes most sense
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:

No, thx.

This would not only screw the [B]-statistics but also contradict the very spirit of [B].
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
koadah wrote:

Huh?

I doubt if anywhere near enough people want to completely dump [R] and run everything from [B ]

[B ] already has it's Majors so if people wanted it your way they already have had it.

Dumping [R] would just turn people away.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:

This for me wouldn't have worked in lrb4 because you would often see on gamesfinder teams that were matched equally on tr/ts but when you looked at the teams and their skills didn't seem fair.

I haven't had enough experience of lrb6/cr to say whether the match ups are better. I dont see that an FFB [R] & [B] will harm fumbbl, some will play [R], some will play [B] & afew will play both but if the two are joined I think we will lose players. I for one would probably just stick to [L] and I think there would be alot less of the more fragile teams being played in the merged division.

Jeffro

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Christer is making fabulous decisions that are in the best interest of the majority of the community of FUMBBL, for old, new and future members. Kudos. Would that in RL we could have such a democratic dictator as this Wink
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:

This was what Flix proposed and IMO it is the best solution.

"Pure" blackbox players (like myself) would have to make do with a special team tag marking out their heroism. You could easily given them a seperate ranking table.

Merging the playerbase is worth suffering the occasional farmed team.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I doubt if anywhere near enough people want to completely dump [R] and run everything from [B ]

[B ] already has it's Majors so if people wanted it your way they already have had it.

Dumping [R] would just turn people away.

We used to have one competitive division, which had a ton of established teams and the all the famous tournaments. I'm not surprised that [B] didn't overtake ranked at all. My proposal would have one competitive division (B), and one division which would allow choosing games as people wish. However, I'm not completely opposed to allowing people to choose their games in a [B] environment, as long as pure [B] teams can somehow be distinguished from those that have played games outside the box. I just don't think it makes sense to have two competitive divisions with such a small player base.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2010 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:

Blackbox isn't active because alot of the [B] player prefer the new FFB client.

When FFB goes live in Blackbox you will see how popular it is.

I have no problem if you want a scheduler in [R], but taking the Blackbox division away from those of us that enjoy it is counter-productive.

I only play [L] and [B], without [B] I would probably end up just logging in once a week (although some would probably appreciate that)
 Jump to: