40 coaches online • Server time: 12:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

has anyone actually used the apoc on a K.O?
I just find it so annoying with the pop-up everytime a player is K.O. There is only 1 time i can see it being useful using the apoc here, to keep player on the pitch to block the ball being picked up, But thats it. Considering how many times a K.O occurs in a match and opponant is not at comp for whatever reason (door, smoke phone etc) it really is slowing down games i have found. Will this option continue to be offered or is it just a trial and error thing?
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll find when FFB goes 'live' and becomes the main competitive divison people will use it a lot more. Once tourneys, SMACKs, etc start using the FFB client then there will be times when my star Blitzer gets KO'ed in turn 1 and I want to keep him in the game.

I play a lot of tabletop and especially at tournaments my Apothecary is almost exclusively used to keep a skilled player on the field. Since the new rules came in and allowed Apo's on a KO, with it being an auto success it makes sense to keep your numbers even in a close game that is a must win situation (ie. playoff games, top of the league matches and all tourney games).

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I have done that several times. If I have multiple apo's I may likely use one to keep an important player on the field.

Also if an important game is really on the line, I will use even a solo apo on a KO.
RC

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

To apo a k.o is a tactical choice. The pop-up is fine.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you really play a lot of games vs. opponents who are consistently afk? It happened a few times in my ca.500 games, and it could help to ask them to concentrate a bit more on the game. If they dont do this, simply dont play such an opponent again.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i'll be honest i didn't think apoc was auto success. I thought was same as normal apoc, i.e re-roll injury. Thus the reason i thought was a silly option. So my apoligies to everyone for being completly stupid here and not fully aware of the new rules. Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I have done it quite a few times, to keep my best player on the pitch as Cribble said.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

its great
 Jump to: