39 coaches online • Server time: 00:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lokky

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I was messing around in test mode and I noticed that shadowing isn't working when an opponent leaves the player's tackle zone while following up a block.
Now I understand that this is how it worked in the old client as well, but somebody pointed out that tentacle doesn't work on follow ups either so why should shadowing.
That got me thinking and, after a quick look at the rules, I realized that tentacle explicitly says it works only when players attempt to dodge or leap out of the tackle zone, while the wording of shadowing states that it works "When a player performing an action on the opposing team moves out of any of his tackle zones [the player's] for any reason."
Since blocking or blitzing and the subsequent follow up are part of an action, as they can only be performed by the active player, doesn't this mean that shadowing should work on follow ups?
f_alk

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, and there was a long thread about it somewhere.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

as far as I recall it should indeed work while any player leaves the tacklezone, you should file a bugreport. It will be messy to code..
Lokky

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright I'll check the bug reports and look for that thread when I get a minute.
The only thing that bothers me about it is that according to the wording is should work with leap, but that opens up so many obvious problems.
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this a thread about over eating?

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Lokky wrote:
Alright I'll check the bug reports and look for that thread when I get a minute.
The only thing that bothers me about it is that according to the wording is should work with leap, but that opens up so many obvious problems.

I now have mental image of some crazed Elf hanging on to the leg of a leaping Slann.

I can't see how shadowing could work with leap as the Shadowing player would typically end up in a square occupied by the payer being jumped over.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Lokky wrote:

Like what? The shadower shadows to the square, from which the leaper left.. The leaper will then be far gone anyways..
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Follow-up != Move
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
Lokky wrote:

Like what? The shadower shadows to the square, from which the leaper left.. The leaper will then be far gone anyways..

Hmm... but the wording states, that he has to move out. Id argue then that a follow up is a move and leap is not. It is a jump over two squares. It's not rock solid but I wouldn't know how else to interpret it. Moving the shadower two squares or into another player seems wrong.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Carnis wrote:
Lokky wrote:

Hmm... but the wording states, that he has to move out. Id argue then that a follow up is a move and leap is not. It is a jump over two squares. It's not rock solid but I wouldn't know how else to interpret it. Moving the shadower two squares or into another player seems wrong.

Shadower have to be close to the player that moves, and he moves into the square that the player just left. no problems at all.
RC

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Sooo, how would a shadoeing tentacle player do Very Happy
Fail tents , pass shadowing, gets to try tents at the next square?

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

If a guy with shadowing also has leap... Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

RC wrote:
Sooo, how would a shadoeing tentacle player do Very Happy
Fail tents , pass shadowing, gets to try tents at the next square?

Yes, this thread has a nice discussion of shadowing/tent/DT both on the same and different players
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18414

and as far as the bug in this topic apparently it was already reported, silly me for missing it
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=155
 Jump to: