27 coaches online • Server time: 09:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
apollo0360

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2010 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

can you or is there plans so that ffb fit in to the new wide screen laptops? on the beta8 you can resize it to fit better in the screen so it doesnt cut the bottom off. Sad

This is even harder on a 10.1 screen which i use when im out and about i can just and i mean just fit it all in the some jiggereypokerey Smile
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2010 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

That is a future thing, we want to get the game stabile first so it can go live.
One thing you can do to gain some extra pixels in height on a widescreen is to move your taskbar to one side (if you are running windows). Make sure it is not locked and then just drag it to the right or left side of your screen whatever suits you best.
Takes a little to get used to, but then it is nice as the height often is the limitator of things you do on the computer.
JHassler

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2010 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a similar problem when I am playing on my small laptop. I can move the taskbar, that's not the issue. The chat portion of the game still won't be revealed. I end up having to continue chatting in the IRC because I can not open the text box at the bottom of the ffb client.
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2010 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I am more interested in a BIGGER display for my 17 inch laptop Smile

Oscar Wilde
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2010 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

JHassler, you have to move the taskbar BEFORE launching the game. The game checks the available space when launching.
fly

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2010 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe move the chat window?

apollo0360

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2010 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks guys some good idea's although i already move the task bar

regards the chat box on the beta8 you can resize it and its still useable on the new ffb yip you'd have to use something else ,i use skype works great for both
its the dise i cant see fully on both versions

BUT there nothing like abusing my mate verbal & in writing too Very Happy Twisted Evil

lets hope they put the settings in
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2010 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If you click on the text (chat) area and hit tab, the cursor should move to the hidden chat input box. Hope that works, it has for me on a notebook.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2010 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I set the resolution larger than the screen size. I have to pan around a bit, but I can see the whole field at once.

(a bigger version would be nice too, I play 99% of the time on a 21.5" widescreen)

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
tenpole

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2011 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Just having the same trouble on my widescreen laptop. The bottom part is cut off. Need a zoom option or something.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2011 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I bought a netbook last week, and my #1 selection criteria was the ability to display 768 pixels tall. Salesman gave me some baffled looks about that one. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2011 - 23:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19407