39 coaches online • Server time: 08:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zhluhur

Post 13 Posted: May 18, 2004 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats the fun about a team with:

1.) Lineman with AV8
2.) Runners with MA7
3.) Blitzers with CLAW
4.) Two of the best BGs in Stuntyleeg?

They get lesser CAS against, they call handle the ball, and they are deadly.
Should't there be a negative part in each team? Like, strong but slow, fast but fragile? And if fast and strong, nearly each team has traits like OFAB or Realy Stupid or just one BG or NO BG. Mad

Well and of course, Pygmy's roll too many POWs.
Shocked

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The pygmies themselves have mv 4 and armor 6, which is worse than a halfling, there positional players don't start with dodge, and they have no secret weapons. Good team, but far from perfect.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Also the nurgle beast is the best big boy in stunty the krox is number two. Wink

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Also zombies are worse than human linemans, but I would always prefer a zombie for standardplayers.
Why does a standardplayer need good stats? They only should be cheap. Give them MA5 and increase the cost 10k and they are worse than before. Maybe pygmys themselfes are worse than halflings but there are only halflings not more. And don't underestimate shadowing!

Well, some players don't start with dodge but they have access to agility skills and can gain it easily.
No secret weapons? Oh well, the ref can not decide the match against you. Wink

They are too realiable imho.

Diff them with other teams.
Goblins: worse bigguys, lower runnermovement, no claw blitzers, lower armor in some cases.
Snotlings: more bigguys, MUCH lower movement, MUCH more fragile, unreliable cause of realy stupid and pumpwagons
Nurglings: better bigguys, lower movement, Much lower agility.
Squigherders: the dices decide all

I would say, just one Krox, and eagle warriors with ST1.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder why pygmies have rights stuff?

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemok wrote:
I wonder why pygmies have rights stuff?

cause Orca Cola sponsors them silly!
Britnoth

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Zhluhur wrote:
Also zombies are worse than human linemans, but I would always prefer a zombie for standardplayers.
Why does a standardplayer need good stats? They only should be cheap. Give them MA5 and increase the cost 10k and they are worse than before. Maybe pygmys themselfes are worse than halflings but there are only halflings not more. And don't underestimate shadowing!

Well, some players don't start with dodge but they have access to agility skills and can gain it easily.
No secret weapons? Oh well, the ref can not decide the match against you. Wink

They are too realiable imho.

Diff them with other teams.
Goblins: worse bigguys, lower runnermovement, no claw blitzers, lower armor in some cases.
Snotlings: more bigguys, MUCH lower movement, MUCH more fragile, unreliable cause of realy stupid and pumpwagons
Nurglings: better bigguys, lower movement, Much lower agility.
Squigherders: the dices decide all

I would say, just one Krox, and eagle warriors with ST1.

Errrr..... right.

50k for a ma5 pygmy = madness. Shadowing on ma5 players rocks in stunty, the whole team at that speed is damn silly.

Goblins have worse armour???? Pygmies have 2 av8 players that are ma THREE and start with no dodge... mine get SIed every other game it seems. They need these 2 linefodder players to protect all that really slow av6.

Weaknesses of Pymgies:
1. Biggest weakness: No Throw Team Mate, which means they are the equal slowest movement with squigs - with gfis cheaters pogos + skinks are ma 10 while eagle warriors and squigs are ma 9. Squigs and eagle warriors both start lacking dodge too, but squigs are str 4. Without eagles pygmies have to clear the pitch to score.
2. MA 4 linemen: Makes it very hard to spread the scoring around your team. One of the players that start with no dodge are ma3 ag2... try getting them 2 TD.
3. Av 6 and lack of dodge: At low TR your positionals will get bashed around alot even by other stunty.
4. No secret weapons at all. Tie up their Kroxigor and they are left to leap in with ag3 eagles... doh!
Dooby

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans have a player with TTM but no right stuff so whats the difference?
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Of the three new teams the pygmies are clearly the strongest but the other two teams both have a large number of ofab players so they are intended to have a more chaotic and fun feel to them than even the average stunty team. When compared to the older stunty teams they are brought more in line. Pygmies are a very, very good team but i don't think they are broken i just think they are among the top 3-4 stunty teams.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, I keep harping on about it but my flings with four or five chefs would destroy either of the OFAB teams - barring immense luck on their part.

Give the flings a break - Implementing Chefs is the only option to help out the little guys!

Pygmy on the other hand look a strong team, thinks skinks still have the lead even with the recent changes.

Gnomes need reinventing, I battered a superior gnome team that had a deathroller with my gobbos. Luck did play its part but they just seem under strength.
Uber

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead teams should be immune to the chef, after all it's not the smell of food, but the smell of blood that attracts them.

- Uber

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, but the clever chef would get round that by using blood sausage!
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2004 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

A definite weakness of pygmys is the inflated player prices. With the exeption of the eagle and jaguar warriors they aren't worth their price. A halfling is for example clearly better then a pygmy and costs less. As stunty players are so cheap anyway and you don't have any stars to waste your money on they don't have any problems with cash anyway but few stunty team do. The important effect is that the TR get inflated out of proprtion to how good the team is so they often have to give up handicaps.

This leads to an important question: How are stunty economics supposed to work? A goblin team will never lack money but pygmies are created specifically for stunty to get the economy of a standard team and therefore get an inflated TR compared to their actual strength (not the fumbbl str that doesn't work for stunty)and therefore gets less money and more expensive replacements for the pygmies that die in droves. All the power in the pygmy teams come from their positionals and good big guys so when these are missing for a game you have a really crappy team with high TR. This doesn't matter all that much as handicaps tend to be not very good but I think it looks ugly and that it isn't the way it should be.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2004 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

stunty should have different economics and a different handicap system

Goodbye Cusi
 Jump to: