14 coaches online • Server time: 05:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Archpeasant

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2010 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Operating System:
Win Vista SP1

Java Version (Output from: java -version):
java version "1.6.0_16"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_16-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.2-b01, mixed mode)

Bug Description:
Last move of the turn, picked up the ball on a GFI with the blitzer who's just above the troll and passed it towards the blitzer in the top right.

My opponent says he was typing at the time when the intercept question popped up (and probably typed something when it was up already) and did not get to pick a player to try to intercept the ball.

The pass was carried out nonetheless and scattered and then the game froze, sort of. I could still click the dugout buttons no problem but the End Turn button, though still present, did nothing. All my players, who should have been ethereal had it still been the end of my turn, had become opaque. My opponent saw my players as opaque aswell, but the client still said it was my turn.

We tried to see if a rejoin would fix it and several didn't. As you can see, the game was between Shortmans and Merkwürdigliebe, I assume you can access the file directly for scrutiny.

Link to Screenshot:
On1

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2010 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

have you tried reproducing the bug? Smile i like it though it's one of those you do not see very often.. if the description is correct Wink
TaoJones

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Something like this happened to me in a game, as well. My opponent (Cocky Little Freaks, skaven) threw a pass, I got the option to intercept, but when I clicked a player to intercept nothing happened. I reconnected to the game and it popped up the window asking me if I wanted to intercept, I clicked no, the pass was resolved, but then my opponent couldn't move any other players or click end turn.
Chronotron

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

In the game "tussle" with my skaven team against a norse team

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=626222
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=626569

I was making a last ditch pass with my thrower I moved him down to throw to a blitzer on the other side and there was one Ulfwerener in line for the interception. My opponent said the box to select member for interception came up and it wouldn't let him select. He closed out and connected again and this time opted not to intercept. My thrower made a pass using pass for a second roll the the blitzer caught the ball however I couldn't make anymore moves with my remaining players or end the turn. Disconnecting and reconnecting didn't resolve this.

EDIT: added the screencap my opponent took.
Archpeasant

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2010 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I HAVE SOLVED IT
(it seems)

The game hangs when you choose to not intercept.
I tested it in test mode and it sure did hang.

I guess not many people have wanted to not intercept in game.
And my opponent must have had a "n" in his typing?

Edit: I suppose there might be some deeper problem because Tao/Chronotron seemed to have a problem selecting the interceptor when clicking "yes" to intercept, but clicking NO has hanged the game every time I've tried so far.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2010 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Anything further on this in a nother thread or somehting? I clicked yes to intercept couldnt select my Slann lineman, tried discon recon boht of us clicked no and still nothing would happen.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2010 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

JoeKano, please check out the bug-reporting system:
https://fumbbl.com/p/bugs
 Jump to: