23 coaches online • Server time: 09:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

PorkusMaximus wrote:
jimmyfantastic wrote:
You are actually safer on the floor, because you cant be knocked over by his claw mb po man !
Also if you are fouled, your guy has effectively a 1/3 chance of causing another cas(the sending off).
It is easy to move a few guys around your man on the deck to stop your opp getting assists on the foul.

A prone player has a 1/3 chance of permanently removing a player for the duration of the game?! Laying prone is clearly overpowered. Sad

I like the part of the claw discussion over on Cyanide's forums where Dode posts a chart that shows the precise statistical effects of claw when used on a block, and is promptly accused of twisting the numbers to make claw look less effective. :p

Well played sir. Well played.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
Hmm not sure if you are agreeing wqith me or not Catalyst32, so forgive me if i took it wrong.

The point of my post is that ever combination of skills in FFB is countered by another selection of skills, therefore there are no OP skills. I will agree that some combos/skiills are better than others, but it is very much rock/scissors/paper now. For example, that wood elf team will be torn apart by block, tackle, mightblow teams. These in turn will probably get torn apart by the Claw/MB/piling on teams.

One day we will get a post on a chess forum on how over powered Knights are, seeing as you can't block them in. It is a typical gamer response to argue that a tactic that beats them is overpowered and should be removed, rather than chess logic that tells you to find a way to counter that game plan.

edit:- actually my sarcasm detector is a bit better now and i can see you were being just that.

omg... your use of logic is overpowered... Laughing
Ancre

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

RC wrote:
I just get sent of on the first foul in fbb. And I am happy if it genrates a k.o. Its good that my vamp thrall don't mind sacrificing a game in order to get rid of a mino or suchlike for one drive Smile

I can see why the thrall is happy about that. Forced not to play a match against psychopathic mutants (with huge claws and mighty blow and piling on ! ) for an hour and a half, while still having to watch his back for that other guy who tries to bite him as much as he can ? I bet the thrall waves his arms a lot and yell at the ref before placing the boot ! Very Happy
PyrionFlax

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

you know what's op? dodging elves with 4 agi. you know what else? agi 4 elves with throw, accurate and nerves of steel. and stunty+dodge for goblins. and any other thing that counters my incredibly slow and unagile, mb/po/claw teams.

if you're good with elves or agi teams in general, I'll hardly get a block on you anyway. If I was blocking a wood elf who had dodge and block, and I had a chaos warrior, I'd need block, MB, claw, piling-on and tackle in order to have a good chance of ruining his day since I need to roll a pow only to get a successful block. so it would take a level 5 CW to effectively use the mb/claw/bo combo against a level 2 elf.

op? you're trying too hard to find fault.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

PyrionFlax wrote:
[...]my incredibly slow and unagile, mb/po/claw teams.[...]

What teams of yours are you referring to? You never have had any teams with players even remotely resembling your description, at least not here on FUMBBL.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
like omg overpower omg claw is too good ban it like

omg?

OMG!

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Wat is this?

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

PorkusMaximus wrote:

A prone player has a 1/3 chance of permanently removing a player for the duration of the game?! Laying prone is clearly overpowered. Sad

That's my sentence of the year. Nothing more to add to an "overpower"-discussion.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2010 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In all seriousness though very high TV bash games can easily degenerate into mb/po/(claw) spam and it does get a little bit tiresome if you have to play against it on a regular basis (speaking as someone who has played a lot of games in Cyanide's various automatch leagues). It's not the injuries themselves that bother me so much as situations where I get put at a player deficit and get stuck in a "lame duck" scenario. At very high TVs bash vs bash can sometimes be decided by whoever receives first and gets the opportunity to do maximum damage on their first turn, and once you're a few players down everything tends to snowball giving your opponent even more blocks, more armour breaks etc.

Do I find mb/po/(claw) overpowered? Not really, no. Do I think very high TV bash games are based more on luck than anything else? Probably yes.
PyrionFlax

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
PyrionFlax wrote:
[...]my incredibly slow and unagile, mb/po/claw teams.[...]

What teams of yours are you referring to? You never have had any teams with players even remotely resembling your description, at least not here on FUMBBL.

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention "the other game" here. but I'm new to fumbbl, but old to BB
Carnis

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

PorkusMaximus wrote:
At very high TVs bash vs bash can sometimes be decided by whoever receives first and gets the opportunity to do maximum damage on their first turn, and once you're a few players down everything tends to snowball giving your opponent even more blocks, more armour breaks etc.

Do I find mb/po/(claw) overpowered? Not really, no. Do I think very high TV bash games are based more on luck than anything else? Probably yes.

I certainly disagree with this statement. If you face a lot of MB/Claw/PO you can put the 3 sacrificial linemen on the LOS & start chipping on his players 1 turn afterwards. You'll lose some, but so will he. Dice won't make or break the game, unless if the coaches are pretty much equal skilled.
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. And claw wasn't OP before lrb 5+? Give me a break. If anything it's less. It doesn't crush the AV 7 teams like it did before.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2010 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:

I certainly disagree with this statement. If you face a lot of MB/Claw/PO you can put the 3 sacrificial linemen on the LOS & start chipping on his players 1 turn afterwards. You'll lose some, but so will he. Dice won't make or break the game, unless if the coaches are pretty much equal skilled.

Worst case scenario: Your fodder get KOed+ and you're down to 8 vs 11. How much damage can you really expect to do in that situation?

Best case scenario: You don't loose too many players but 3 out of your 11 players are fodder, compared to the team on offence who doesn't need to put fodder on the field.

Killer teams tend to smash each other up through mutually assured destruction but in my experience a lot of it comes down to "injury dice roulette".
 Jump to: