31 coaches online • Server time: 03:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Good news.

Does that include such advanced stuff as being able to not use the Dodge skill (for instance)?

Either way, my not playing until the switch is beginning to annoy. Let's do it! Very Happy
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Good news.

Does that include such advanced stuff as being able to not use the Dodge skill (for instance)?

Either way, my not playing until the switch is beginning to annoy. Let's do it! Very Happy

Your not playing ever Smile. Unless you straighten up your act and become pinkgoo or something Very Happy. Purple is a no go with fbb Very Happy
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad

In all seriousness though, if I had three wishes for the client before the switch, it would be Wizzie, optional skill use and being able to use the icons you want.

Greedy. But that's my Christmas list, all the same.

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %05, %2010 - %13:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
gjopie

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

RC wrote:
I want my wizzard Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoxQ4Ul_DME Question
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The WUSC (Wizards Union of Sport-Casters, pronounced, wuss-cee) is holding up negotiations. They have it so damn easy already, but want more incentives before they sign the FFB contract.

http://thunderbowlcomics.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=20765046
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Good news.

I felt that the discussions about wich skills to make optional pretty clearly concluded that making dodge optional would be a bad idea. Id also like to see one coach for whom this would be really important. Is it for you?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I only skim read those threads, if I'm honest. I didn't find them super interesting, and also I didn't feel any choices would be made off the back of them with regards to what was going to end up happening. Just seemed like background noise to me.

Yes, Dodge being optional is important to me. If it's the difference between blitzing the ball and worrying enough three pushes might surf my Wardancer not to, it's potentially gamechanging. This is perhaps the one, single area where Cyanide has it right. Turn Dodge being optional on in the menu, deal with popups. Don't like popups? Don't check the box. Do that with all optional skills somewhere in some menu. Is that tricky to code (I genuinely have no idea)?

'Important' has a relative sliding scale. Would it be a gamebreaker to me using the client? No. Is it important to me? Yes. I was only using Dodge as an example, but it's one of the big optional skills, IMO.

I'm a big believer that online BB doesn't equal BB. If you want to score on OFAB in Ski's client, want to try and trick BT with DT, all 100% fine with me, it's what we sign up to. This is different, it's a new broom. Afterall, here we are, at the dawn of the new era. Best we get it as right as possible first time, methinks. The more TT I play, the more situations where using skills not being black and white come up. I'd never have held this position, say, two years ago.
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers for Purplegoo!

And we could still go for the small timer, say 5 seconds for optional skill use, and after that use the predefined default option.
 Jump to: