44 coaches online • Server time: 18:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you play in ranked.
I keep my old teams and play them for ages no matter what happens to them.
74%
 74%  [ 66 ]
I abandon my teams when the get down and start a new one cuz I am all about winning baby!
25%
 25%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 89

Wombats

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2004 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Unranked is just fun - Where else would you play Vampires or Necromantic teams with no Flesh Golems at the start (Just made one development will need to be closely managed - challengers welcome) or Norse who spend the entire game ignoring the ball and trying to send the opposition crowd surfing?

My mate got a nice boost to his starting Chaos playing my Chaos Halflings...having said that he was very lucky having been chainsawed four times, fouled every turn the minotaurs didn't turnover first and standing up, dusting his gloves off and saying "Is that the best you can do? Because I've given better to your mothers!"

He walked out with one RIP but it very easily could have been four RIPs - that was an exciting game Smile
Pity I couldn't use those excess team rerolls to reroll my fouls.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2004 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't go so far as to say "no matter what happens" cause if I end up with 4 players I might retire Razz

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2004 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Depend of the team history...
Under 5 games, if i have a bad feeling with a team, i retired it.
Upper 5 games, it s another story...

But anyway i don t find it funny to play 10 games in a raw without 11 players at kick off so i work hard to keep my players... the best way i ve found until now it s to retire a lot of them... it s a good way to make your TR going down without losing FF. same FF but lower TR mean more money!
I really think the key of survival is to retire player with too many SPPs... not necessary niggler! just to many SPPs. I never had a player who's get his 76 SPPs roll... and i don t want it Smile

when i m seeing an elf thrower with 200 SPPs it makes me laugh!!! what s the point??? an elf thrower can be good at 31 SPPs and really good at 51. What the point to have 150 SPPs in my team rating for a player that can be kick out easily? In fact why do you think we can have 2 throwers in teams??? so you can establish a turn over... be sure to have your second thrower getting 16 SPPs at same time than first get 51... and then if you want to make your TR lower, retire the first and go on!
Same with every potitionnal player!
In fact the only players we care about are lineman... it s really hard to get a lineman to the 51 SPPs

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2004 - 15:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Can't vote on this as i do both. Have 2 teams that have been around for ages and a few newer ones. The newer ones im not that attached too and may retire if i bore of them, the orc and chaos are here to stay unless/untill they become unplayably destroyed.

It tends to be that if i end up with teams all around the same level tr wise i get frustrated at the lack of game offers/opportunities and will retire a team to create a new one and have a better chance of getting a game.

My rating doesnt come into it. The orcs i have are one of my very first teams and have a terrible record still. The chaos are hardly world beaters. In general its the more successful teams i tend to bore of first, as they less of a coaching challenge.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2004 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol not many winners on fumbbl ha. Mostly just nostalgic people hanging on to that one good player. My self included. Embarassed
Judging from the poll that is Smile

I agree Ash it is better not to have too many SPPs on a player keeps the team more balanced and efficient. But at then same time it is fun to have that player with the history and maybe just maybe he will enter the great on the top 10 one day.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
shaqpooh

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2004 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

When playing a team isn't fun anymore, I retire them. I've tried races that i just didn't like and retired after 3 or 4 games. I'd win, but it wasn't fun for me.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2004 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say I'm much more likely to retire or move a ranked team than anyone else. Since ranked is the source of pretty much all my non-tourney games, I like to play around with a variety of different races and teams, and obviously some will need to be retired to fulfill this desire.

Ranked for me isn't a place to generate fluff - that's what tourneys are for, where you can have much better rivalries, strive to be da champ, fall agonisingly short, and maybe one day rise to the top of the heap. I've had some excellent rivalries going, shame to see those Crowes are looking rather beatup oz, if they go to Vet's LEague, I-House may have to follow on general principle!

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2004 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont like to retire teams Sad what is the point of making them then?? And another of my resons is that u cant use the same name 2 times, so my cool theme teams have to stay Wink
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2004 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess everyone is out for having fun. For me having fun while playing Blood Bowl means to feel for the team I'm playing. Unfortunately that means not having fun in the start of a new teams career. I often get bored by a team after only one game and retire them. Those few teams that actually survives my first 8-10 games are guaranteed a long, glorious and/or infamous career in my service. I couldn't care less about coach ranking. I actually care so little that I haven't even bothered to look how it works, but I must be a bad coach since I have lost so many games (and my rating is VERY low). Then on the other hand I have seldom had a boring game, at least not with my long standing teams.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2004 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

i prefer playing with teams around 100 - 180 in rating ... above that, it's no fun anymore for myself.
Up to that point, it's something special to have a +st player for example or one or two guards and they are precious players, but from a certain point, all players have all needed skills and it gets very boring then.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

above 180 you need to be very good in team managing, thing I have a difficulties to do Confused

Need to be learned, it's a part of the technique.
 Jump to: