90 coaches online • Server time: 20:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What would you do?
Accurate
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Dodge
28%
 28%  [ 27 ]
Foul Appearance
23%
 23%  [ 22 ]
Leap
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Nerves of Steel
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Spikes
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Stand Firm
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Very Long Legs
21%
 21%  [ 20 ]
Other (please mention why)
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 95

Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap, just for the fun of it. Imagine the look on their faces when the beastman all of a sudden jumps over them and goes for the TD. That is entertainment. But then if you are one of the boring players that is only in it to be the best, then maybe dodge is the skill to choose.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I go for the ball (yes; with Chaos!) but I am not sure if that counts as trying to be the best or being boring. Up to you lad. Laughing

I am very much leaning to either VLL ór Foul appearance, both with the intention to make him a pass-blocker (much) later.

Just not sure what is more useful in between. The extra speed from VLL or the FA multi-purpose mutation.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
Pass is not my preferred option.
For starters it is not a mutation!
If no mutation it should allow me (him) to do stuff he could not before. (Dodge, Leap, NoS)

Eh, it does about the same as Dodge, mate. Free re-roll.

Pass is you want a passer.
FA if you want a useful all-round guy with good survival chances.
Claw if you want a killer.
And my personal favourite Two Heads allows him to dodge at 2+ through a Tackle Zone, making him an elite cage-breaker player who will get Tackle soon, and he'll be the fear of players behind screens everywhere.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Doh. Should have left dodge out of it. Can't say why I typed it. Embarassed

Leap is a better example. Wink

I added two heads to my shortlist. I think FA or VLL are more useful but I do not have the 'two-heads' mutation yet. That AND it can be useful indeed. In theory.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

You probably included dodge because it's the best choice to get (and currently most popular on the poll). also it's special since it reduces chance of being pow'd.

I didn't vote for VVL simply because you have several +ma beastman already on the team. Otherwise, I'd vote that. Passblock/VVL would give it nice synergy with 4ag, however, I think stand firm is better with passblock.
Would have suggested stand firm if he had 3ag and not 4ag
FA is always good, but perhaps best saved for a chaos warrior or 3ag beastman.
Dodge has the best synergy with both block and 4ag so I voted that.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I am considering Foul appearance because of the combo with pass-block. He has a very fair chance to dodge away and get in range, then has the chance on 5+ to catch PLUS he causes '-1' to pass or catch. Plus it adds survivability to the beast of course.

VLL would give him extra speed wich is lovely (and then some) plus he'd intercept on 4+ making him terrifying for any passers around. (would you risk a 4+ intercept?)

Dodge is indeed extremely useful but is often negated, especially at higher TR.

Two heads is still an option. Blitzing ionto a tackle-zone on 2+ could be nice. Plus it's a new mutation. Very Happy (and I like variation)
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

One not mentioned which gets very little coverage is spikes. If you're liking the player and want him to last a while, that extra +1 av can help him last a lot longer...

I voted for VLL, as not only does it give +1 move but also +1 to interception attempts. But I'm thinking afterwards, if you give him passblock next skill, one to consider is diving tackle. Sure, boring, but not normally available to chaos, and might catch some people by surprise. Your agi 4 would allow you to dodge close to the intended receiver, where you'll have just as good a shot at intercepting as he does catching. Even if he does get the ball, should he try to get away from you your dt kicks in, and the turn's yours again. Stand up, grab the ball, pass to one of your guys, and away you go!

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me also say how impressed I am that you're still allowing for inputs before making a decision on which skill to take. Personally, I might ask for immediate input from people on the chat, or if I'm signing off for the night I'll leave a post for overnight opinions, but once back online I'd pick a skill so I could get back to gaming right away. You're waited a few days now, looking for that perfect justification before making your choice. Buddy, it's not a life-changing decision--you're not getting married. You'll likely have doubles for another +ag beast at some point, so take one (be sure to post here what you eventually take!) and see how well it works out in game, so you know what to do for the next one.

Post 10 Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You think I had not decided in order to make that perfect decision?
Laughing

I simply delayed the decision until I had the chance to play the team. Which is tomorrow or the day after.

That and I did not know what to pick really. And hoped for something really new which I had not considered.

I will most likely end up with foul appearance
(always do what big bro tells you. Wink )
I have seen some really good suggestions like the two heads or diving tackle.
kv1z4tz

Post 6 Posted: Oct 02, 2004 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirrekurr wrote:
Leap, just for the fun of it. Imagine the look on their faces when the beastman all of a sudden jumps over them and goes for the TD. That is entertainment. But then if you are one of the boring players that is only in it to be the best, then maybe dodge is the skill to choose.

I have a leaping dwarf blitzer.. Great fun indeed and it really isn't that hard to use. I always imagine my opponent doing this Shocked when I use it...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1057058

If you like playing for the hell of it, then leap. Otherwise I'd say FA.. Dodge is too boring. But hey, that's just me..[/url]
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2004 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge is not so useful because of tackles.
Pass block+VLL in not that useful because of Safe Throw. A 4+ intercept that can be avoided 5/6 of the time... bah.

Foul Appearance is your choice. With pass block is "-1 pass and -1 catch", plus 16% less blocks to your little cow-like buddy (maybe you would even make your opponent waste his blitz!!!). THIS is something.

Go FA and sleep well, my friend...

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2004 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul Appearance it is.

Thanks to all for the input.
 Jump to: