45 coaches online • Server time: 12:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
For a chaos team, I would would develop one player with claw/MB/PO as hitter against heavy opposition and the other one with MB/PO/tackle as hitter against the dodgy types. Both eventually converge into block/tackle/frenzy/MB/PO/claw. Just via different routes.

I may well be wrong (only played two ffb games so very likely) but I don't see many players ending up with six skills on successful teams - that would mean 176+ spp and would be crippling for the handicap (inducement?) section. I'm not altogether convinced by piling on yet either. I get the maiming potential if it goes well, but taking that player out of the game for a turn seems expensive. I'm more excited about the potential of grab and wrestle.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
I'm not altogether convinced by piling on yet either. I get the maiming potential if it goes well, but taking that player out of the game for a turn seems expensive. I'm more excited about the potential of grab and wrestle.

Maybe combining it with JUp and Claw/MB might convince you?
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7657883
23% CAS rate per block.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Minotaur Loner, Frenzy, Horns Mighty Blow,Thick Skull, Wild Animal, Claw, Pile On, Juggernaut
Chaos Warrior Block, Claw, Mighty Blow, Pile On, Tackle
Chaos Warrior Block, Guard
Beastman Horns, Block, Dodge, Sure Hands
Beastman Horns, Block, Claw, Mighty Blow, Pile On, Tackle
Beastman Horns, Wrestle
Beastman Horns, Block, Mighty Blow
Beastman Horns, Block
Beastman Horns,
Beastman Horns,
Beastman Horns,
1 Apothecary
9 Fan Factor
5 Re-rolls
TV 2,000,000

I just made this team up very quickly but even at a TV of 2000 you can have some real killers. Believe me, you will see alot of teams like this soon.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It might if the player-in-question's team had a better win ratio.

WhatBall wrote:
Malmir wrote:
I'm not altogether convinced by piling on yet either. I get the maiming potential if it goes well, but taking that player out of the game for a turn seems expensive. I'm more excited about the potential of grab and wrestle.

Maybe combining it with JUp and Claw/MB might convince you?
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7657883
23% CAS rate per block.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Touché! Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7720655 - look at this guy, he is surely evidence of Pile on's potential.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
It might if the player-in-question's team had a better win ratio.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=618668

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7500919

It's better picking skills that make the difference for winrating =).

*notice - NO CLAW!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I see one claw on the snow troll Wink but Malmir was saying he wasnt convinced about Pilling On not just Claw.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:
For a chaos team, I would would develop one player with claw/MB/PO as hitter against heavy opposition and the other one with MB/PO/tackle as hitter against the dodgy types. Both eventually converge into block/tackle/frenzy/MB/PO/claw. Just via different routes.

I may well be wrong (only played two ffb games so very likely) but I don't see many players ending up with six skills on successful teams - that would mean 176+ spp and would be crippling for the handicap (inducement?) section. I'm not altogether convinced by piling on yet either. I get the maiming potential if it goes well, but taking that player out of the game for a turn seems expensive. I'm more excited about the potential of grab and wrestle.

you should consider that the price of a skill in TV it's the same regardless the skill number (no cumulative), unlike in LRB4 where every skill has a higher price in TR than the previous one.

In FFB you only pay extra for doubles (+10 TV), +ma/+av (+10 TV), +ag (+20 TV) and +st (+30 TV).

So in FFB a 4 normal skill player (80 TV) is already cheaper than his LRB4 equivalent at 51 spp (10TR).
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

So does that mean there is no penalty for the number of spp a player has - i.e. no greater penalty for the 100 spp taken to get that last skill than for the 6 spp taken to get the first?

zakatan wrote:
Malmir wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:

you should consider that the price of a skill in TV it's the same regardless the skill number (no cumulative), unlike in LRB4 where every skill has a higher price in TR than the previous one.

In FFB you only pay extra for doubles (+10 TV), +ma/+av (+10 TV), +ag (+20 TV) and +st (+30 TV).

So in FFB a 4 normal skill player (80 TV) is already cheaper than his LRB4 equivalent at 51 spp (10TR).
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
So does that mean there is no penalty for the number of spp a player has - i.e. no greater penalty for the 100 spp taken to get that last skill than for the 6 spp taken to get the first?

zakatan wrote:
Malmir wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:

that's it. A player has the same TV until he acquires the next skill. Also no penalty for uber-legends either, of course.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2011 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Oo I like that
studmandudebro

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2011 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

the trick is to get claw/block first on your chaos so you can still get elfs to play you, play elfs your way to 2000000 tv and then take PO keep playing elfs because what it will be super easy to get games with an essentially skilless team(as opposed to the old days where ONE claw meant not a single elf coach would play you). Beacuse what elf coach isnt going to be jumping at the chance to play a claw/PO chaos team? eventually start taking block.... still not so bad? and then you can add the mb and at that point you will be ready to enter a major and ruin some dwarf or orcs day.
SubbySuccubus

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2011 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

could be that they are coming from cyanide bloodbowl, where on chaos claw, mighty blow is taken almost %90 of the time. . .

Blood guts chainsaws and knives, elfs and flings run for their lives, bh, SI, RIP, LOS is the place for graves times three, journeyman they live to die, the LOS is home even ST6 on a tree is useless all alone
 Jump to: