54 coaches online • Server time: 19:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
The next Coaches Couch should be:
On new tactical trends seen in CRP rules.
43%
 43%  [ 29 ]
About TV management.
39%
 39%  [ 26 ]
Around specifics and tactics for one of the new races
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Cancelled as the series is dull.
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 66

maysrill

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2011 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
MadTias wrote:
Definitely interesting, best feature article. Just don't take what the coaches say as gospel, they might have the wrong idea about some things... Make up you own mind! Wink

Yeah, just ignore everything Turbo says in there for a start! Very Happy

I don't know that I've played each of the coaches on the panel, but I have played some of them, and they aren't all quite on equal footing.

I won't throw anyone under the bus, but I will say that Jock has soundly thrashed me just about every time I've faced him.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2011 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never lost to any of them. Does that mean I win Smile

But yes it was a good read, I enjoyed it and I liked that it had coaches of differnt abilities and styles on the couch.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2011 - 18:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I really hope people don't take it as gospel. It is meant to spark thought, not to answer questions. the concept has always been a 'chat'.

I also try to put some context on who is there talking, there are always links to the coaches so you can make up your own mind.

I'm hoping it comes across exactly as it is, as a cross between an article and an (edited for flow and clarity) IRC chat.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2011 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It does come across how you want. I dont think anyone is taking anyones opinions as gospel. Even the oldest veterans come out with some garbage sometimes lol Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
MadTias wrote:
Definitely interesting, best feature article. Just don't take what the coaches say as gospel, they might have the wrong idea about some things... Make up you own mind! Wink

Yeah, just ignore everything Turbo says in there for a start! Very Happy

I don't know that I've played each of the coaches on the panel, but I have played some of them, and they aren't all quite on equal footing.

I won't throw anyone under the bus, but I will say that Jock has soundly thrashed me just about every time I've faced him.

Insightful observation. Whats the point of asking me about tennis tips if you allready got McEnroe's opinion.
Gran

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a very nice gospel. I will now go and follow it slavishly.

Oh, and I really enjoyed the article. In fact I think this was a stellar issue of the GLN. Lots of fun stuff. Smile

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Merely wondering:

Shouldn't they have made the Jump-Up-Block +1 instead of +2?
Enigma179

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they made it +2 so that your average AG3 player could do it consistently, otherwise it would be more of an accessory then something useful. I wouldn't take jump up if it was only 3+ for my average player, much less 4+ or 5+ for my big guy who actually might find applications in MB-Claw-PO duty.

That's my opinion anyway, I think it's fine as is.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't usually read the couch but a discussion about the new strategies and tactics in box I find.. .to say the least... a very constructive idea I'd like to read about. So I voted for that.
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a nice chat. As with Macavity, I am inclined to think the Grab skill is pretty useful for people that build "ball-playing bash teams". There were a few other things, but yeah, it was a great way to provoke discussion.

Oscar Wilde
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It might be improved by having a more varied coach roster, casting a wider net as it were. But I always enjoy reading that article, its a good setup for an interesting tactical discussion without getting too deep and meaningful (and boring).
 Jump to: