37 coaches online • Server time: 10:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How often do you decide not to use dodge?
I always use dodge if I can, no exceptions. /I'd never play a team that has that skill.(The margin of error is insignificant)
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Very Rarely (Less then 2% of my games.)
36%
 36%  [ 16 ]
Rarely (Around 5%)
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Seldom Enough (Around 10%)
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
A good small average (Around 20%)
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Comfortable Average/Often (Around 50%)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Very often (more then 70% of my games)
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
All the time (Almost 100% and several times per game.)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 44

Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Gandresch, you are missing one thing, the dodge is decided before the pushback is decided and you get the option if there is a POTENTIAL case. So all of your cases there would have the popup asking to use dodge.
gandresch

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

As i know, the client only triggers the Push/Pow-Dodge-popup when the player is pushed OVER the LOS, but not if the player is already in the half of the opposing team. If the defending player has already been pushed into the half of the other player, then there is no question on the usage of Dodge or not, even if there is a Push/Pow again. So as long as there is no chainpush, the client uses Dodge automatically.

The decision for Grab is before the decision to use Dodge, as the attacking player is always asked first, which skills he is using.
uuni

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

How about to ask every time that: the blockee can be pushed next to another player, or can be pushed next to or one square away from the sideline, or the blocker has Frenzy or Grab or the blockee has Side Step, and always when it is the first turn after a kick-off?

What is the current Dodge-use convention and where can I read it? Is there a "cheat-sheet" for those house-conventions of rule application here somewhere?

Is the old bugreport about Dodge-case still valid, is it on the development plans? Or is it now a works-as-intended or wont-fix? (http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=282)

Is there anything that we non-developers can do to help in this case? Smile

Edit: added Side Step.

Last edited by uuni on Feb 21, 2011 - 15:39; edited 1 time in total
gandresch

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
2) It is the first turn after kickoff and a defending player has the potential to be pushed over the middle-line into the attackers half

Perhaps a clarification of this point would help. As i understand, it only triggers, if the player is pushed over the LOS but not afterwards.
Does it trigger if the 3 adjacent squares are occupied but the player uses the Grab skill?
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

gandresch wrote:
As i know, the client only triggers the Push/Pow-Dodge-popup when the player is pushed OVER the LOS, but not if the player is already in the half of the opposing team. If the defending player has already been pushed into the half of the other player, then there is no question on the usage of Dodge or not, even if there is a Push/Pow again. So as long as there is no chainpush, the client uses Dodge automatically.

The decision for Grab is before the decision to use Dodge, as the attacking player is always asked first, which skills he is using.

No, you are wrong here.
If the player is being blocked by a player with grab and there are empty squares on the "other" side of the middle line, then it will ask for dodge. This takes place before the pushback.

Same with the chainpush, even though the blocking player have grab, if the three normal push-back squares are occupied, dodge will get the popup.

This is the reason why i cannot see any base for your argumentation here.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

gandresh maybe you should test all those wicked cases in test mode before posting Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile
I read the release notes and in this case it came to a misunderstanding. Good, that it's been clarified.

uuni came up with a great idea. Would it help you, if we try to specify the cases, where we want to be asked for the usage? This could be easier and reduces the popups.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

uunis suggestion is not that optimal, it looks good on a first look, but i did some calculations on it and i found out that the amount of total popups would increase due to the amount of players with block, while it would not remove that many popups as things are happening in a sequence and there would have to be subsequent popups for things resolved later in the block depending on results.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I thinkit's ace currently, and have not dodged sometimes.
turboraton

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I didnt use Dodge once so i wouldnt get surfed. I got a nice -STR instead.

<turboraton> arghhh
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Current implementation is great. Please stop pestering Kalimar and Lakrillo to waste time on this.