45 coaches online • Server time: 11:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Narky

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys

Me and a friend of mine are thinking of coding from scratch a java client similar to the java blood bowl system but for warhammer quest, Im intending it to be an accurate rendition of the game including the levelling up/town rules included in the role play book, as many treasures as possible including all the treasure packs. The game will start with only the 4 original characters and it is likely some characters will never be possible to get working, but I am confident some of the warrior packs will work in time.

What are peoples opinions on this? I dont think anything like this exists at the moment (the closest i can find is vassal warhammer quest). Also until the code is written it doesnt matter too much, ill start just having letters in squares to denote the location of players, but at some point I will want some sort of top down sprites for figures if anyone is interested in participating stick up a message and when I know some specifications I will put them up

Just to reiterate this is not something that is going to go somewhere fast, I'm planning on making it my project for the next several months (I want to test and create it thoroughly)

Also does anyone know what exactly Fumbbl does that prevents Games Workshop from being very angry with them?

Will
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds a good idea. As for stopping GW getting angry, if they do, they'll send you letters telling you why, from that you adapt your project.
Chrome_ghoul

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15622&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Been tried before, but didn't seem to get very far. Good luck.
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If you wanna make it easier on yourself with coding and all then I suggest you try Zun Tzu. Myself and my bro made a client for a popular space assault game released Wink and it really is easy to use.

Brother-Fu

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2010 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

There is actually a site that has done this, and done a pretty good job actually. Very Happy

Brother-Fu
TransientNomad

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Brother-Fu wrote:
There is actually a site that has done this, and done a pretty good job actually. Very Happy

who and where?
 Jump to: